30

It was time for dinner. Everyone sat down, and Grandpa Manoban took the main chair. The rest of the family waited for him to pick up his chopsticks and start eating first before they followed suit.

The Manoban family wasn’t an old-fashioned family that confined its members to proper etiquette and mannerisms.

Grandpa Manoban was someone who appeared serious when in actuality, he was rather bold and unrestrained. However, since he possessed an overwhelming temperament, he usually gave others the impression that he was a distant man.

Father Manoban sat with a straight posture and seemed like he had a very calm and steady personality, but the occasional smiles that he revealed were exceptionally kind. Towards Mother Manoban, his smiles were even more gentle.

Mother Manoban had a constant smile plastered on her face, and it made her look very loving. However, her every move exuded elegance and grace. At times, the expression in her eyes would flash with menace, reminding her onlookers that she was not to be underestimated.

Yoongi was very reserved. Grandpa Manoban’s solemnity and Father Manoban’s steadiness could both be found on his handsome face.

It must be mentioned that all of the Manoban family members possessed top-notch looks that simply couldn’t be rivaled.

And last but not least, there was Lisa. Out of the entire family, she was the most apathetic one. Her every move oozed alienation, though, at home, this sense of alienation was almost imperceptible.

After dinner, Lisa spoke up, “Brother, let’s have a talk.”

Without hesitant, Yoongi nodded. He also had something he wanted to talk to her about.

The two siblings made their way to her study; although they had both married and moved out already, their own original bedrooms and studies were still kept the same as before.

Once they were alone, Yoongi asked her, “Lili, are you and Jungkook… serious?”

The siblings had an age gap of four years between them, and back when Lisawas still just a baby, Yoongi had already grown into a sensible little boy.

Ever since they were children, he had showered her with love and attention. As the matter of fact, he took more care of her than even their parents did. After they both grew up, he still tried to look out for her whenever he could.

The two siblings were very close, and as Lisa’s older brother, Yoongi naturally knew what kind of person his little sister was.

Lisa understood what her brother was trying to ask. She had agreed to disclose her relationship with Jungkook, which would most likely mean that she was serious about the relationship. She nodded without hesitation.

“Mhm. He’s very good to me.”

Yoongi seemed a bit surprised by her response. For a moment, he stared at her with a deep gaze, and then he finally nodded.

“If that’s the case, then you have to cherish him well. Here is a gift from your brother. If he bullies you in the future… you don’t need to be polite.”

Then, out of nowhere, he fished out a very fine pistol and handed it to her. Lisa raised an eyebrow, but she wordlessly took it and put it away. Of course, there was no way she was going to use it on Jungkook.

For one, she didn’t believe that he would ever bully her, and even if he did, she refused to do anything that would harm him.

She would never forget the love he’d shown her in her past life. She would always remember the promise she’d made to herself when she was lying helplessly on her hospital bed.