48

Taehyung was surprised when he got Jungkook’s call, and when Jungkook told him he would be attending with his wife, Taehyung was even more surprised. He immediately gave Jungkook the time and location of the class reunion.

The reunion would take place in one week. Because it was a large scale reunion with over a hundred people attending, the venue was set in the banquet hall of a hotel. The hotel belonged to the family of an attendee and some of the other richer attendees helped cover the costs.

That evening, by the time Jungkook rushed home, Lisa had already eaten and was viewing flowers in the greenhouse. He ignored the fact that he hadn’t had dinner and went to find her in the greenhouse.

Lisa was fond of plants, mainly because they were stationary and less troublesome than animals. Occasionally, she would visit the greenhouse to look at the flowers. Some were still blooming and others were left with only green leaves, but the place was always brimming with vitality. It was a nice place to go to relax.

Lisa was sitting in a rattan chair, enjoying a cup of grapefruit tea as she read a newspaper and admired the flowers at the same time. She appeared both comfortable and casual. Jungkook slowed his steps, as if afraid he would disturb the tranquility of her visage.

The usual her was very beautiful, but in an imposing, lofty, and fierce way that gave off a sense of distance.

The current her was beautiful in a gentle way, captivating him, warming his heart, and making him want to approach and silently accompany her.

Reluctant to disturb the beauty and tranquility of the scene, he stopped walking and just stood there, staring at her.

Although Lisa was still holding the newspaper in her hands, she had noticed the man the second he arrived. When she heard him approach, she’d planned to react a little, but he stopped before she could. That made her wonder, did he somehow not notice her?

After a moment, when she saw that he was still motionless, she finally lifted her head, a slightly unhappy look on her face, and asked him, “What are you standing there like an idiot for? Admiring the flowers?”

“Admiring you,” he responded as he walked over, a deep expression in his eyes. Lisa blinked, and her eyes flashed briefly with something that seemed like… embarrassment?

So, this man was starting to become more straightforward, huh? Looks like she would have to increase her resistance.

Lisa refused to admit that she had been embarrassed just now!

She stood up, raised her head a bit, and asked confidently, “Do I look good?”

Jungkook wanted to smile. This proud and self-confident side of hers made her so beautiful that he couldn’t move his eyes away.

“You don’t even have to ask,” because the answer would always be “yes.”

Evidently satisfied with his response, a faint smile appeared in her eyes. Moving on, she asked him, “Has that matter been settled yet? What time? I’ll let Eunha free up her schedule a bit.”

After filling her in on the time and location, he said, “Are you sure you want to go? There will be a lot of people, so it’ll be pretty chaotic.”