25

In front of Lisa, Jungkook was cautious, steady, and could even be considered obedient. He was not disposed to disagree with her decisions, but that didn’t mean he was without a temper.

When bullied, he would naturally bully back. He hadn’t known who was behind the scandal before, but now he did. At this point, how could he still remain neutral? Besides, Lisa detested Tzuyu too. It would be out-of-character for Jungkook to do nothing about Tzuyu.

Back in university, both Jungkook and Tzuyu had belonged to the finance department. In addition to finance, Jungkook also did management. Even though he ended up in the entertainment circle and became its eminent Film Emperor, he continued to hold firm on the knowledge he’d gained in university.

A long time ago when he earned his first capital, he started on initial capital accumulation and made many investments. Therefore, not only was Jungkook well-connected in the entertainment industry, but he was also familiar with a few notable individuals from the business industry.

Jungkook returned to his study, where he spent some time making three separate phone calls.

If Lisa was present, then she would’ve realized that the plan he had in mind was actually over 70 percent similar to the plan she herself had come up with to deal with the Chou family.

Maybe this could be considered a sort of tacit understanding?

Although they were both lacking greatly in EQ, at least they could make up for it in IQ.

“Now that we’re done with the formal business stuff, why don’t we talk about some other things? We’re friends, and even though I’m not in the country right now, you didn’t tell me anything about your marriage. You only contacted me because you needed me to do something for you—say, aren’t you going too far?” The man scoffed, making Jungkook feel somewhat helpless. He knew the man was going to be like this.

“Jimin, all of it happened unexpectedly. It’s too complicated to explain,” Jungkook gave an explanation that wasn’t quite an explanation.

He and Park Jimin were high school classmates, and Jimin was one of the few close friends Jungkook  had. However, when university started, Jimin went abroad, and the two were not able to see each other often.

They still kept in close contact with each other though. Jimin was very talented in the computer field and had his own means of getting information, so despite being overseas, he was pretty knowledgeable about the happenings inside of the country. This was why Jungkook decided to ask him for help.

Before making this phone call, he had also contacted a very influential underground boss to help him keep an eye on the Chou  family.

“What? So Queen Manoban isn’t your sweetheart? Or should I say that your three years of marriage were all fake?”

In the past, very few people knew about Lisa and Jungkook’s secret marriage, so naturally, very few people had bothered to look into it. However, after they disclosed their relationship, more and more people eventually found out about how long they’d hidden their marriage for. Jimin was one of those people.

Out of curiosity, he’d done some investigating and was thoroughly shocked to discover that the couple had been married for three years already. He had just been about to call Jungkook and pick a bone with him when the man himself called instead.