46

“Jungkook, I know how my little sister is, and I’m sure you do too. Since the two of you have decided to spend your lives together, you have to cherish each other and be understanding of each other. Even though she’s never said it out loud, my sister actually admires our parents’ marriage quite a bit. I hope that the two of you can also enjoy a happy life together.”

Naturally,Yoongi cared about his sister’s happiness more than anything else.

“Lisa is a wonderful woman. I will take care of her to the best of my ability. Don’t worry, Brother.”

Her happiness… he couldn’t promise that.

He didn’t dare to, because he believed that happiness could only be attained by those in mutual love.

Obviously, he and Lisa were still far from that; but even so, he wanted to do his best on accomplishing everything he should do and could do for her. He refused to let Lisa suffer any grievances, though that was easier said than done.

After all, she wasn’t the type of person to let herself be wronged. In his mind, she had always been a strong woman who sat up so high in a lofty position that other people just couldn’t help but surrender to her. Provoking her was equivalent to having a death wish.

When his thoughts reached this point, a faint smile appeared on Jungkook’s face. It was a smile reserved for Lisa, and Lisa only.

Yoongi had been paying attention to Jungkook’s expressions. When he saw the extremely gentle smile on the actor’s face, Yoongi finally set down his worries.

Since he had confirmed this man’s deep feelings for his sister, he could only hope that his sister would also realize her own feelings soon. He wasn’t very sensitive to the feelings of others, but he understood his sister too well.

Very few people were capable of getting the attention of someone as cold and self-centered as her, and the ones who were capable of gaining her acknowledgment could be counted on one hand. It was as if she only had her family in her heart. Now, Jungkook had joined their ranks.

To Yoongi, her concern for Jungkook, as well as the ways she had changed, couldn’t be more obvious. He just wasn’t sure if his sister knew how much she cared about Jungkook.

The expression in Yoongi’s eyes softened. Both men cared about the same woman, one due to familial love, and the other due to romantic love.

No matter how cold or indifferent a person was, they were prone to having a soft spot in their heart. That spot could be filled by anything, from another person to an object, or even an occasion. Whatever it was, they would cherish it and believe it was worth every effort to protect.

“I’m very busy abroad. From now on, you will have to watch over the Manoban family. Mom and Dad are both too busy to visit. Grandpa is very fond of my little sister, so he will be very happy if the two of you return to visit him often,” Yoongi advised. This was the highest form of recognition that he could give to Jungkook.

Jungkook was both shocked and delighted.

“Brother, don’t worry. I will,” Jungkook promised. Because Yoongi was Lisa’s older brother, Jungkook was very respectful towards him. However, unlike how obsequious and nervous he usually was in front of Lisa, he displayed a confident and decisive attitude when he faced Yoongi.