52

"Hey..." Maki turned to the soft voice, smiling at the little boy. Holding his hat, Kuma approached her with a grin and held his fists lightly in front of him, his eyes almost shone as they gazed at her. "I-I found out you saved the village, is it true? With the nine tailed fox?!"

Maki nodded. "Yes, Kuma. However, his name is Kurama not the nine-tails."

"Ah, I see."

"Yeah, and besides it was Naruto who saved everyone, yo."

"Maki," Kuma frowned at her and placed his hands on his hips. "you said it was bad to lie, why are you lying!"

Kurama snorted and decided he liked this kid while his host turned red in embarrassment as she rushed to defend herself. Maki thought about it for a few seconds only to realise the little boy was right to which she decided to crouch down beside a tree and mull over her life choices. Kuma kind of just stared and wondered what in the world he was supposed to do before deciding he would walk towards the tall girl. Once he stood next to her, the ravenette softly removed his hat and placed it on her head before looking away and tucking his arms behind him with a small blush. "S-Sorry, I hope I didn't hurt you."

"It's okay!" He shrieked as she jumped up happily, comical floating hearts revolving around her and only serving to confuse him further. Kuma huffed and quickly took the hat back, fixing it onto his head securely and smiling in satisfaction. The hat was a part of him now, so he didn't necessarily enjoy removing it but he knows he would if it was required. Perhaps it was an addiction? Albeit a weird one, but still.

"Why were you so sad before, anyways?" Maki sighed and gestured for him to follow her. However, when she turned around to walk and noticed he wasn't following she questioned him. Kuma only sent her a look that made the Iburi feel like an idiot for no reason at all.

"You follow me, if I follow you instead we'll get lost."

Kurama groaned and hid himself in his arms despite the fact that the child wouldn't be able to see him, having a host as embarrassing as Maki was torture and the legendary fox wondered far too many times how he was still alive. Meanwhile Maki only attempted to hide her embarrassment, failing miserably since her entire face was similar to that of a tomato. 

Ever since she was young, Maki couldn't ever hide her embarrassment nor could she control it at all and it seemed she wouldn't ever be able to. The two friends walked side by side, passing by all the ongoing construction and after a little reunion with Tazuna and his grandson, Inari, Maki finally got down to the point. She began to explain everything to the little boy without changing her pattern of speech, and the ravenette appreciated it.

He appreciated that she spoke to him like a normal person instead of a stupid kid. But right now, Kuma actually kind of wished she changed her wording so that they didn't hit him so hard. He pursed his lips as a hand found its way to his cap, resting on the base and shadowing his eyes. Maki silently waited for him to speak and when he did she offered a small grin. "Okay, yo?"