🌻 A year earlier¹

*Flashbacks are from random dates and are written in italic fonts. Please do not be confused.

+++

Sunoo happily places three packs of mint chocolate on his bag discreetly after buying them at the school's canteen.

He made sure none of his friends sees him or else he'd be separated again with his love, mint chocolate.

Sunoo smiled widely, thinking that his mission of sneaking mint chocolate is already a success. Not until he found Sunghoon standing just outside the school's canteen with a knowing look on his face.

“Ah,” Sunghoon sighed dramatically, holding his face with his left hand. “This is an everyday scene and an everyday cause of argument.”

Sunoo sheepishly smiled.

“I only bought one,” he said, raising his right hand as a sign of promise.

“I don't believe you,” Sunghoon raises an eyebrow, walking towards him.

“Aw, Sunghoonie doesn't believe me,” Sunoo pouted, knowing all too well how weak Sunghoon gets.

As expected, Sunghoon shook his head disapprovingly, however a smile is currently playing on his lips.

“Fine, but share them with Jungwon. You need to watch your health, love,” Sunghoon said, finally standing one step away from him.

“Give me your bag,” Sunghoon said.

Sunoo gave his bag to his ‘boyfriend’, who slings it to his shoulder right away.

Sunghoon gave Sunoo a kiss on the forehead before offering his hand. Sunoo quickly intertwined his fingers with Sunghoon's before they both walk to their respected classroom.

Sunoo was a junior and Sunghoon was a senior in highschool. Sunghoon walks him daily to his classroom, carrying all his things while they walk hand in hand.

+++

Sunoo dismisses the alarm for the fifth time already. He played online games all night and all he wanted to do in a Saturday morning is to sleep.

But his damn alarm clock have been disturbing his beauty sleep for five times already.

It only meant one thing, Sunoo have an important meeting today. But does he care? No, sleep is more important.

On the sixth alarm, Sunoo's phone rings as well.

“What is it,” he grunted, letting his arms wander around the bed spaces he could reach, trying to find his phone.

Finally finding it near his butt, he answered the call and put the device near his ear.

“Morning,” a sweet voice echoed through it, “I know the alarm doesn't bother you so I called. Remember your promise last tuesday?”

“Sunghoonieee~” Sunoo whined.

“Nope, please. Sunoo, I've let you get away last week, come to the gym today. Please? We need to take care of your fitness,” Sunghoon softly said.

“But gym is bad to my health either,” Sunoo reasoned out.

“Who said? We'll only do simple work outs. Come on, didn't you tell me you want to be fit?”

Sunoo heaved a sigh of giving in.

Sunghoon never missed to remind him about his fitness and his health, while he always try to get away with it.

He really wanted to get fit, but he couldn't resist the food surrounding him. He's been craving them from time to time and he even secretly eat a whole lot of snack on his bedroom every night.

He was not fat, he was just chubby. Sunghoon says it's making him cute instead of handsome, either way, Sunghoon clarified that he loves him however he weighs.

They've known each other since elementary days. Sunoo have always been admiring Sunghoon since they first met, and Sunghoon admitted that he also has a crush on him since elementary.

They finally confessed to each other last year, but they only officially became couple three months ago.

“I'll pick you up in ten, get ready, love,” Sunghoon said on the other line.

“Yeah,” Sunoo weakly says.

“I love you,”

The words had Sunoo smiling over again, feeling energetic already.

“I love you too, see you later!” Sunoo cheered, quickly getting up on his bed.

Sunghoon chuckled, “I'll buy you a mint flavored ice cream after the gym, so work hard.”

“Is that for real?”

Sunghoon only laughs.

Sunoo could imagine the fondness on his boyfriend's expression just by hearing his voice. One thing that he loves about Sunghoon is his sincerity.

~Sadly, the world doesn't want them to be happy together.

tengyu_