🌻H¹

Jungwon sat beside Seonwoo on their lunch table, for the first time being early to get his plate.

“Seonwoo-hyung,” Jungwon says, getting the older's attention.

“Yes,” Seonwoo replied, too busy to take a selca to spare Jungwon a single glance.

“Jay-hyung's planning to throw a party on Saturday,” Jungwon said.

“And?”

“And we are invited, of course. Have you noticed the change in Ni-ki's mood lately?” Jungwon asked.

Seonwoo turned off his phone, eyes looking for the specific sophomore lined up on the counter to get his lunch.

“Jay-hyung said Ni-ki has been missing his family a lot these days. On Saturday, we will surprise him. I think Jay-hyung bought him two-way plane ticket—”

Seonwoo gasps loudly, “What? I know he's rich, but a two-way plane ticket for a surprise?”

“Seonwoo-hyung, lower down your tone! It is supposed to be a surprise!” Jungwon glared at his friend.

“Okay, sorry,” Seonwoo apologizes, “Maybe that was the reason why he kept on staying over at my house.”

“We thought so. Jay-hyung says Ni-ki loves attention and physical touch so much,” Jungwon said.

Seonwoo nodded. Of all people, Seonwoo knows Ni-ki's habit of teasing and hugging people. He was Ni-ki's main target for it, in the first place.

“What are you guys talking about?” Ni-ki placed his plate on the table and sat in front of them.

“Nothing, Ni-ki,” Jungwon answered.

Seonwoo gave Ni-ki a smile. Somehow, Ni-ki got a special place in his heart.

+++

Ni-ki stared confusely at Seonwoo who just got out of the bathroom door. It's almost lunch and he just got up.

Last night, the two played video games together until 5pm since it was the friday night. Today is saturday and Ni-ki was supposed to go home later.

“Are you going somewhere?” Ni-ki asked, following Seonwoo's every move.

“Jay-hyung's throwing a party,” Seonwoo unconsciously says, too busy looking for his foundation.

“Jay-hyung? A party?” Ni-ki asked confuse.

Seonwoo hums in response, “So get ready, Mom will drive us there.”

“Your Mom?”

Seonwoo gave Ni-ki a look, “Are you still asleep, Ni-ki? Get up and take a shower already, Jungwon's sending me hundreds of texts for all I care!”

Ni-ki shook his head, slowly rising up from the bed.

What party? Does his housemates planned parties without even saying anything to him? Or did he just forget about it?

Finally after an hour and a half, the two arrived outside the apartment where the four boys live.

“Where's the people here, where's the party?” Ni-ki asked.

The house seemed empty when they entered.

Ni-ki removed his bag from his shoulder and placed it neatly onto the couch, his eyes fixating on an envelope in the middle of the coffee table.

Seonwoo remained standing on the door frame, watching Ni-ki.

“What's this,” Ni-ki says, taking up the envelope in his hand.

He opened the envelope and there hidden a plane ticket inside.

“What?" Ni-ki exclaimed, reading his name on the ticket.

The date and the time.

He looked up to see Seonwoo smiling fondly at him.

“Surprise,” said a person coming out from the kitchen, followed by three other boys.

“Jay-hyung,” Ni-ki whispers as tears started brimming out of his eyes.

He couldn't believe it.

Ni-ki has been saving his allowance to buy plane tickets to visit his family. He was too shy to ask for his parent's money so he sacrificed his allowance and likes, just so he could go home this year.

He's planning to visit home on their winter vacation, but these days he has been missing his family so much.

And this, Jay bought him a two way plane ticket. He could visit his family for two days in Japan and come back to Korea, with a first class seat.

+++

Ni-ki walked out the house alone holding his phone.

He dialed his sister's number who answered immediately. He informed her about his sudden visit on the next thursday.

He sat quietly on the plant box infront of the house, still talking with his sister on the phone.

“Ni-ki,” Seonwoo called from inside the house.

Ni-ki looked back and see Seonwoo walking out the door, holding two corn dogs in both of his hands.

He quickly said goodbye to his sister and ended the call before Seonwoo reached his side.

“Here,” Seonwoo said, giving him the other corn dog.

“Thank you, Hyung,” Ni-ki said, for the first time, politely.

That made Seonwoo smile the brightest. Being polite isn't so like Ni-ki, specifically towards Seonwoo. He was always acting sassy and brat.

Maybe, it is because he was too happy that he could finally visit his family.

tengyu_