🌻A travel to the past¹

Sunoo scanned his snack box, finding a familiar green packet of a mint flavored chocolate. But there was none, he couldn't find anything else but a tupperware of cutted fruits, a sandwich and a fresh orange juice.

Sunoo pouted, eyes tearing up as he pushed his snack box away from him. Seconds later, Sunoo let out a loud scream of annoyance, startling everyone on the canteen.

He cried and cried, even though teachers came to talk to him. He doesn't care, he needed his mint chocolate and it's the only thing to make him shut up.

However, no one knows about it. All Sunoo did was cry, the teachers giving up on easing him.

“Ah, so noisy!” A boy from the third grade complained, blocking his ears with his hands.

The complain made Sunoo scream louder.

“Sunghoon, you don't tell that to a person younger than you,” a teacher butted in.

“But he's really noisy,” the third grade student insisted.

One look from a teacher got Sunghoon bowing, saying his apologies to Sunoo.

“I'm sorry,” Sunghoon bowed.

Sunoo's cry softened a little, watching Sunghoon bow in front of him.

Just as then, a first grader kid enter the canteen, holding a familiar green packet of chocolate.

Sunoo stopped crying and followed the first grader with a look. Sunghoon notices this as well.

“So, you only wanted a mint chocolate?” Sunghoon asked.

Sunoo nodded his head, quickly wiping off his tears. The teacher only looked at him as he climbed down his chair and run after the first grader.

Sunghoon ran after them as well.

“Jungwon-ssi!” Sunoo called after the first grader, reading the name plate attached on his uniform.

The first grader looked up, a little shock. Two boys, Sunoo and Sunghoon, sat in front of him with sparkles on their eyes.

Jungwon blinked adorably, his mint chocolate placed neatly on his table. Sunoo reached for it.

“You don't just take others snacks like that,” Sunghoon said.

“It's okay,” Jungwon said, “I don't like it anyway.”

“But what will you eat now? You only have this chocolate,” Sunghoon asked.

“You can have my snack box,” Sunoo smiled, “Wait a second, I'll get it for you.”

Sunoo ran off again, holding the chocolate close to his chest as he get his snack box on his previous table.

That was the day he declared that he and Jungwon are best friend. Sunghoon was not included because he complained about Sunoo's loud cry.

The following days, Sunoo's mom stopped packing a single mint chocolate on his snack box.

It's okay, though. Sunghoon always have one and he willingly gave it to Sunoo, hoping he could also be his best friend.

However, when Sunoo's mom met Sunghoon and Jungwon, she told them about the reason why Sunoo cannot eat chocolates.

And from then on, Sunghoon stopped giving him mint chocolates.

+++

“Ah, right,” Sunoo clapped his hand when he remembered something, “Remember we had a family reunion last week?”