🌻Sunflower²

Didn't know the title of this story would be this meaningful until I wrote this last chapter. I'm so proud of myself, lol.

+++

Ni-ki stared at the growing sunflowers on his mini garden.

He isn't really interested in growing plants, in fact, he doesn't know anything about it. However, youtube exists for a reason. He learned it from watching videos and tutorials.

His mini garden is divided into three sections. One is for the seedlings he just planted yesterday. The other one was for the growing sunflower, where three of the plants (out of five) started wilting and is close to dying.

The last section is for the lucky sunflower who survived in his first try. The only sunflower already has bud and is expected to bloom in two or three days. If, and only if, Ni-ki will take care of it correctly.

“Ni-ki, are you not coming to school again?”

Ni-ki shook his head, without looking back at the three boys staring at him with worry on their eyes.

“I'm telling your adviser you have diarrhea, then,” Heeseung blackmailed.

Ni-ki doesn't respond.

“It's been three days, we can't keep covering you up with the same lame excuses. Usually, colds doesn't last this long,” Heeseung says again.

“Heartbreak does,” Jake whispered, and then suddenly received a smack from the two.

Ni-ki still didn't respond.

“Seonwoo was looking for you yesterday,” Jay said.

“No,” Finally, Ni-ki speaks. “Stop making up stories, it's not fun.”

Jay heaved a sigh, “What if I'm not just making up stories?”

“I'm not coming to school,” Ni-ki decided, still not looking back at his Hyungs.

Heeseung and Jay gave up, exchanging a look and shrugging their shoulders before walking away to get ready for school.

Jake remained standing on the doorway, watching Ni-ki with the look of pity in his eyes.

“The sunflower he have has already withered, Ni-ki,” Jake says.

Ni-ki sighs, “The memories didn't.”

“Isn't that the reason why you're creating new memories with him? He didn't even said he doesn't like you, Ni-ki. You just came too early. Your sunflower have not even bloomed yet,” Jake said.

Ni-ki looked at the small bud on his sunflower.

“Jay is not making up stories,” Jake finally says before turning his back and started walking away.

Ni-ki was left alone, deciding whether to believe in Jake or just continue wasting his time staring at his sunflower.

+++

“Sunoo,”

“Sunoo-hyung,”

Jungwon hugged his bestfriend.

“I really missed calling you Sunoo!” Jungwon screeched, before chanting Sunoo's name again and again.

Sunoo only smiled, hiding the fact that it's actually tiring to hear his name getting called seconds by seconds. Although hearing it again, after a year of forcing people to call him “Seonwoo”, actually felt refreshing.

“Ni-ki didn't come to school again,” Sunoo says when he heard the bell rang but there's still no Ni-ki entering the school's gate.

“The hyung's couldn't convince him,” Jungwon says, “Should you just visit him this afternoon?”