🌻A year earlierⁿ²

Sunghoon wipes off the dirt in his sister's grave before he places her favorite bouquet of flowers beside it.

He sat across the three grave he's been visiting daily. There were still traces of used candles and withered flowers beside the new ones he brought.

“I've found the purpose of my living,” Sunghoon started.

He was looking down. He just let the tears fall down on his eyes, watering the grass below him. Salty and painful.

“I know this isn't something I should be doing, but I've already decided.”

“I don't like it here.”

Sunghoon doesn't care if people started looking weirdly at him.

“Sunoo is the only person left with me,”

“But then he started slipping off my grip as well. I don't want to be left alone,”

Sunghoon sniffs. He fiddles with his fingers, feeling it all cold and numb.

“Would you scold me if I decided to be his heart donor and leave this world?”

“Would you guys be happy if I reunite with you in heaven?”

“Whatever your answer may be, I just want to leave this world...and give Sunoo the future he always dreamed about.”

With that being said, Sunghoon wiped off his tears. But it wasn't easy as it was to say. The tears just wouldn't stop spilling, making Sunghoon gives up in wiping it off.

He just sat there, crying his heart out for the last time.

The only thing that stopped him was a text message he received from Jungwon.

‘Where are you?’

Sunghoon felt a little guilty about it. He haven't told his friend about it.

A beep was heard as another text message came. It's from Sunoo's Dad.

‘You still have three hours to decide, Hoon. Remember, you're not forced to do this. We can look for another donor if you changed your mind.’

No, Sunghoon thought.

He have already decided.

+++

Today is the day.

Jungwon watch as Sunghoon enters the hospital with a puffy red eyes. He was holding a bouquet of sunflowers with a scented paper tucked inside it.

“Sunghoon-hyung!” Jungwon called out.

Sunghoon looked at him with a determined eyes. He forced a smile in his lips before stopping in front of Jungwon.

“Sunoo's dad said...” Jungwon hesitated, looking for something in Sunghoon's eyes.

Sunghoon only smiles wider.

“No,” Jungwon shook his head, “Sunoo-hyung would look for you when he wakes up. What should I tell him?”

Sunghoon pushes the bouquet towards Jungwon.

“Tell him I'm not coming back,” Sunghoon says. “And please stay by his side, Jungwon. Guide him to the future where he will be happy, even when I'm not with him anymore.”

Jungwon, for the first time, let the tears fall down his eyes as he hugged Sunghoon. So tight that the bouquet of flowers got squished between them.

Sunghoon hugged the younger back.

“I've decided, Won...and it's for the best,” Sunghoon whispers.

“I better go,” Sunghoon spoke, a sad smile gracing his lips as he gently push his friend off of him.

Jungwon took the flowers in his hand, staring at it for a second.

“Jungwon, promise me one thing before I go.” Sunghoon says again.

Jungwon nodded.

“Do not attend my funeral.”

tengyu_