🌻O²

Jungwon flinches when Ni-ki suddenly slams his hand off their lunch table.

“Where is Sunoo-hyung?” Ni-ki asked.

Jungwon gave him a look, “It's Sunghoon's birthday.”

Ni-ki's expression suddenly becomes sullen.

“Ah,” he responded, trying hard not to sound affected. “Are they meeting?”

“Kind of,” Jungwon shrugged.

Ni-ki didn't say anything, instead he took his wallet and goes straight to the counter with a small queue line for his lunch.

Jungwon shook his head.

On the past year, he's been worrying about Seonwoo and Sunghoon. Now, he's been worrying about Ni-ki and Seonwoo.

He also wanted to come with Seonwoo to see Sunghoon, but then, he realized that Ni-ki will be left alone.

Seonwoo told him that he could handle himself, and he will be back before the afternoon class could start.

For a second, Jungwon hoped that his bestfriend is finally over his heartbreak.

+++

It actually amazes Jungwon how he sees Seonwoo smiling while sitting on the grass field of their school, like it didn't brings up the painful memories of last year.

“How did your visit go?” Jungwon curiously asked.

After the class, Seonwoo says he wanted to take a rest at the school field while waiting for Ni-ki and Jay.

Seonwoo shrugged, “I'm also surprised that seeing him didn't hurt that much.”

Jungwon nodded, “Isn't that good?”

“I don't think so,” Seonwoo says, “Sunghoon...he is...”

“I know this might be out of the blue, but do you think Ni-ki did help?” Jungwon asked.

Seonwoo didn't react and stayed silent for the time being.

“Ni-ki...” Seonwoo spoke minutes later. “Jungwonnie, I...think so, too.”

Silence surrounds them for a while, both watching other students play around with their friends, while some sat quietly with a book on their hands.

“Doesn't this remind you of the last time we had a talk here?” Jungwon spoke out of the blue.

“Which one? We always hang out here with Sunghoon-hyung,” Seonwoo says.

“That time you're talking about your monthly horoscopes?” Jungwon says.

“Ah!” Seonwoo claps his hand, recalling the past. “Right, my horoscope this month told me I should confess again. I think it's the same every year.”

“Who are you going to confess to? Ni-ki?”

Seonwoo laughs, “I've learned my lessons, I should not trust horoscopes. Sunghoon-hyung rejected me before.”

Jungwon only smiles. It seemed like his bestfriend doesn't even know what he's saying. The words came out pretty straightforward and it only meant one thing.

Seonwoo finally has moved on, and Ni-ki is the cause of it. Or...at least, talking about Sunghoon doesn't affect Seonwoo as much as it affected him before.

+++

Ni-ki have heard it, and somehow it made him happy. But it didn't mean that he wasn't scared anymore. What if Sunghoon comes back?

Ni-ki took another step near the two.

“Why are you here?” he speaks, making the two look at him, “Jay-hyung is already waiting outside the school's gate.”

Jungwon was quick to stand up, followed by Seonwoo.

“Nothing,” Seonwoo answered, “Let's go.”

Jungwon gave Ni-ki a slight tap on the shoulder before joining Seonwoo in walking off the school.

Ni-ki followed silently.

Is it already safe to make a move? Or was it too early?

What it Sunghoon comes back?

tengyu_