I don't remember what I did last night

April 14, 2031
Rochester, New York:

Ten hours later

A shining light comes through the dark blinds, Kyle squints his eyes as he starts to wake from his slumber, he runs a hand through his face and holds it in place over his forehead, his head pounding to the rhythm of his heart. He pushes the sheets off of his naked body, he looks down on himself, he seems a little too excited for the massive headache he has.

He gets out of the bed and stumbles with some shoes, he looks around, he realizes he doesn't recognize where he is, lost, he looks for his phone, as he moves through the room, he realizes there is someone in the bed naked as well right next to where he was...

Ten hours ago

Kyle and Ryan head out to the burger shop and as they arrive, they sit down at a booth, they order some more drinks, and keep at it for a little while longer waiting for their food. As the waiter comes over with their order they ask for another round of beers, Kyle takes a bite of his burger, ketchup running down the side of his lip, and he groans in pleasure, Ryan stares at him "that's one lucky burger if I say so myself"

Kyle grabs a napkin, cleans himself, and takes a gulp out of his beer "it is, I mean" he gives Ryan a confused look "it's good, really good like I haven't had a burger this good in ages" Ryan starts laughing and helps him clean himself "there, now you're good to go" Kyle smiles at him "thank you"

After they finish up eating they order another round of beer, Kyle looks at Ryan "I thought you said that was the last one" Ryan looks at him "I promise this is the last one, I just, I just hadn't had a good time like tonight in a long time, but this is the last one, okay, one more, than you can sober up and go" Kyle gives him a narrow look "Fine, but next time we're having tacos, or pizza" Ryan looks at him overjoyed "Next time?" Kyle realizes what he said and tries to hide it "Yeah, didn't you make plans with my friends?"

Ryan gives him a knowing look but follows along "Ah yes, then it's settled, next time we get tacos after drinks"

Present time

Standing naked in the middle of the room, Kyle scans for his cloth, he puts on his underwear, pulls his pants from underneath the bed, grabs a shirt, and heads for the door. As he gets there, he realizes he's barefoot "Fuck fuck fuck, where are my shoes" he starts looking all over the place, bottles of beer on the table, sofa cushions on the floor, and a half-wrapped twister, he spots one of his shoes under the dining table grabs it and heads for the door.

Once he gets out, he closes the door slowly trying not to make a sound, but a neighbor runs into him "Is Ray inside?" asks the sixty-year-old man Kyle jumps in place, heart rate rising "AHHH, good God, you scared the life out of me" he brings his hand to his chest "I'm sorry, Ray?"

The old man holds on to his cane and looks at Kyle "My apologies didn't mean to startle you, and yes, Ray, the man who lives in that apartment, the one you're sneaking out of, the one every neighbor in the floor could probably hear laughter and loud noises very early in the morning from" Kyle looks at the old man and smiles embarrassed "OHH, you heard that" Kyle bites his lower lip, tilts his head and looks at the sixty-year-old men standing in front of him "Young man, it's alright, we all wish we could do what you two were doing, HA HA HA, I mean God knows since my wife died I haven't, I'm just happy someone out there is, especially him" He points to the door "He deserves some lighthearted fun and good times; he risks his life every day to save others."

The old man comes closer to Kyle "did you know he was a firefighter, a very risky job, and with some of the idiots in this world, even worst" the old man turns around, and Kyle stands straight "Well sir, I hope he can find that, now if you excuse me and not to be rude, I have to get to the hospital" the old man turns around and looks him up and down "Are you a doctor?" Kyle looks at him with a shy smile "No, I'm a nurse practitioner"