All is fair in love and war

Kyle is standing, phone in hand, the woman on the other end of the call replies with an excited tone "Mr. Sandoval, my name is Clarissa from Kingston Medical Center Hospital, you were here a couple of days back, after the massive explosion that took place on the mall downtown" Kyle clears his throat "Yes, did something happened?"

She giggles "Well indeed it did, I'm calling on behalf of our director of Human Resources, we wanted to talk to you about coming to work for us here at Kingston, and before you say anything, please hear me out, we know we don't have one of the best departments in the state let alone the country, but your work was impeccable and we wanted to make you an offer to come and run our entire pediatric nursing department, if you were to even consider, we would email you the entirety of our offer for you to see, and if you'd like we could give you a tour of our facilities"

Kyle continues standing, this time with a bewildered look "Wow, umm, I don't know what to say, I'm in the middle of something here at work right now, is it ok if a take a day or two to think about and reach back to you?"

Clarissa responds "Of course, just know that we want you as part of our team and are willing to sit down and negotiate until we reach an agreement, you take your time and let us know, now have a great day"

Kyle hangs up the phone and heads back to his nurse's station, where Ramney is talking to Dr. Melton "Doctors!" Doctor Melton looks at him "Well someone is happy today" Kyle turns to look at him, and for the first time in months he looks at Melton directly in his eyes "What, no, it's just, everything is starting to feel better you know, it's been a rough couple of months, ever since that explosion and now, now everything is settling right where it should"

Doctor Ramney smiles at him "Could this have anything to do with you joining me in leading the peds team? Cause I honestly can't wait to have you on my team" Doctor Melton looks confused "Wait, what are you talking about, what team?"

Doctor Ramney walks towards Kyle as he responds to Melton's question "Well, it's not official yet, but I did give my approval to have this guy over here join me on the diagnostics team in a subdivision focused on pediatric patients, after all, with the money the Garcias donated we can get it started and with each patient that we see keep it running on its own"

Kyle stands proud and excited "The idea came to me after being extremely bored and hearing something the director said, I honestly can't wait to do this, it feels like I was born for it you know, managing crisis" Melton spaces out for a minute, Doctor Ramney calls for him "Hey, Andrew, what do you think? Isn't it great, I mean, with Kyle on my team we will become an elite team in no time"

Doctor Melton asks Kyle a question with a somewhat different tone "Yes, yes, it sounds great, but, what will you do with the NICU? This is your unit after all" Kyle continues to exude joy and thrill "Well the details haven't been completely laid out, but, I will continue my job in the NICU it's just I would have another thing to do, besides, the NICU can run without me"

Doctor Ramney claps his hands "Well, in that case, I can't wait to have you joining me" Kyle smiles back at him "I can't wait to join you, now, if you excuse me, I have to get something to eat before I go down for malnutrition HEHE"

☀️

Kyle heads down to the cafeteria, as he enters, he spots the ego nurses sitting on a table "How are you all doing?" Malcolm looks over to him "Well, well if it isn't mister fancy hot shot nurse's best friend of all best friends" Tatiana gives Malcolm a worried look "What the fuck, Malcolm, are you ok, it seems as if you might be going stupid" Kyle burst out laughing "HAHAHA, man, you guys we need to have lunch together more regularly, we barely see each other at work anymore"