Prologue

There are those who believe that the Cylon threat is not over. The Cylon war ended almost 40 years ago, but some are convinced that they will return. Once they come, they would mostly certainly want to finish the job they started and exterminate humanity once and for all.

So a secret group was formed under the name Last Hope Plan or LHP.

It was founded by current Fleet Admiral Richard Torres, Admiral Nagala, Admiral Westwood, and several others. All of them believe that the Cylons will return one day and when they do there's no telling what could happen. Given the reductions in the colonial fleet over time there was a fear that the colonial fleet might just lose the fight against the Cylons should they return.

Operation Exodus was a plan created by several large Colonial corporations and the military. The Colonial government was never allowed to know about it because of the politicians who just don't understand the dangers the Cylons represent.

The original plan was to send several well-armed ships accompanied by dozens of civilian ships to establish a secret colony to ensure the survival of the human race.

It took almost 8 years to build the fleet and make it ready. Nobody in the colonies except those who planned it and the 14085 souls that manned the mission know about it; with only a few higher up officers knowing all the mission details.

The goal of the mission is to create a colony far away from the twelve colonies, so if the Cylons or any other enemy should threaten the twelve worlds there would be an emergency fallback position to ensure humanity's survival. Although president Adar later approved the Copernicus project, he never knew anything about there being another colony.