3:4 The Outcasts

Day 425 Since the Fall

Admiral's Log

A week and a half has passed since Galactica and her fleet arrived. About fifty thousand additional survivors arrived with the fleet. I assured President Roslin that the people from Galactica's fleet would have everything they need, and they were quickly put in tent homes like everyone else. We still don't have enough buildings for housing everyone, but the work on cities is moving quite fast with the addition of hundreds of thousands of civilian volunteers and specifically a few thousand prisoners working to earn their freedom. The prisoners in Galactica's fleet were given an unsteady freedom on their voyage from the colonies by President Roslin for their assistance on giving their fleet water, but to prevent conflicts with prisoners who've been working for their freedom on Avalon a compromise was called for all remaining prisoners to help create buildings in Avalon's new cities for our survivors. All those prisoners with past military and fleet experience have been reintroduced to the fleet with their records swiped clean, and the remainder working on building cities will be allowed to re-join the civilian population once the majority of people on Avalon have their own home. Already we're under great pressure to build new houses and buildings to accommodate everyone.

I must say I'm relieved knowing that another group of survivors has arrived safely at Avalon. We have more than enough people to rebuild our civilization. With more survivors on Picon, the rest of the colonies, and in Admiral Turner's fleet, I know humanity and the colonies will survive and rebuild.

President Roslin is now president not only of those people in Galactica's fleet, but also president of the entire Colonial remnant. Former Governor Shkan was appointed as Vice-president. Now that President Roslin is at Avalon, elections are in the process of being setup in order to legitimatize the new government. After all, President Adar's original term ended and thus President Roslin's term under emergency circumstances ended as well. Unfortunately that means elections to either re-elect Roslin or put someone else in power under the people's majority vote. I do hope Roslin is re-elected since logs of the Galactica's journey have made it clear to me that she is exactly the kind of leader we need to make the tough choices ahead of us in the future.

Gina Inviere, a Cylon number six brought aboard Pegasus, remains in the brig until further notice. She was responsible for the death of seven marines and I didn't want her free no matter the objections from Commander Belzen or Gaius Baltar. I think Baltar objected the loudest when he was informed about my decision; he slammed open my doors demanding an explanation. This was the man that developed the CNP which allowed the Cylons to shut our ships down and destroy our fleet and the colonies. I warned him that he was lucky to still be alive, and I called marines to throw him out.

The second Cylon in Galactica's fleet was a number eight named Sharon "Athena" Valerii serving on board Galactica as an official crew member. Another copy that carried the same name almost killed Admiral (Commander at that time) Adama. This one is fully loyal to Adama, and she's cooperating with us fully. After a long and extensive interrogation she was allowed to stay at her post.

And then there's Cain to consider, former Admiral Helena Cain. Oh how long I've waited for this day. I can't say that she was not a good officer; she was loyal to Colonial fleet, but her brute behavior and her actions are against her. Cain was always a pain in fleet command's ass. They probably promoted her just to get rid of her. I don't really know what was in Fleet Admiral Torres' head when he promoted her. Adama was the one who should have gotten that promotion instead of her. And now she lies in my brig. Oh it didn't take me long to realize that she had an escape plan. Her own bridge officer betrayed her. Lieutenant Louis Hoshi, the communications officer on board Pegasus. He never liked Cain, and why should he, from what he said she always treated him without any kind of respect. He faked being on Cain's side when Colonel Fisk came to him to find out about his loyalties to Cain. He overheard a conversation between Fisk and some other high officers on board Pegasus. They planned to hijack Pegasus during its refit and to rescue Cain from the brig. Without mister Hoshi I might not have found out about this before it was too late. So what to do with this information?

Operation ExodusOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara