1:7 Collateral Damage

A Few Days After Cylon Attack

Asteroid belt near Tauron...

A badly damaged battlestar slowly moved through the asteroid belt, it had been hit so many times that it looked like could implode any second. The Battlestar Trinity, a Mercury class battlestar, believed to be destroyed, but she still survived. Trinity was one of the few modern ships that did not carry the CNP program on board, nor did her vipers. During the Cylon attack, three Baseships jumped directly on top of her and shelled the Trinity with nukes. She survived and destroyed two of the Basestars before she executed a blind jump into the asteroid belt near Tauron. In the process she hit an asteroid with her left flight pod.

Battlestar Trinity C.I.C

"Commander, the ship is still not in good shape sir, the chief says that we won't have jump capability for at least a few weeks, and even then it will be limited. Half of our guns were destroyed with several others damaged and out of commission and half of the ship is venting atmosphere," Colonel Sounders said.

"Casualties?" Commander Gerard asked.

"Over 950 so far, and almost every surviving member of the crew has some kind of wound sir. We also lost 43 vipers, and their pilots," Colonel Sounders reported sadly.

"Blast, we can't stay here. The Cylons will send more ships to find and finish us eventually," Commander Gerard said.

"True sir, but as they don't know where we jumped to we should have some time to make repairs and get ready for our next move," Colonel Sounders said confidently.

"But when they find only wrecks from two baseships from where they attacked us, they will know that we survived, and they will start hunting for us. The only saving grace is that the ship is already on minimal power, which will make detecting us very hard. Still, I want an ELINT raptor in the air and a few vipers patrolling. I also want us as close to the asteroids as possible, and I want to minimize all signs of our existence until we are ready to jump," Commander Gerard said.

"Can I ask where we will jump to after we repair the engines?" Colonel Sounders asked.

"The Destarious supply depot near Libra. We might find some spare parts and resources there, that is if the Cylons haven't destroyed it," Commander Gerard replied.

Cylon Occupied Caprica

There were many shelters built in the Caprican mountain ranges during the first cylon war a long time ago, many of them were now occupied by survivors, both military and civilians.

"Blast it all to hell! Without supplies we can't last for long," General O'Rilley said angrily.

"Sir, our last attack was a disaster, we lost 56 marines KIA plus 34 wounded. We failed to penetrate the Centurion perimeter," Major Brims said.

"What about Major Steele's forces?" General O'Rilley asked.

"Sir, they pushed 3km south west of Tyr base, but they lost half a dozen vehicles to get that far," Major Brims said.

"Tell Major Steele to push forward and take that base. Tyr has a lot of supplies, and there are those experimental vehicles stored there that will give us more firepower to use against the cylons," General O'Rilley said.

50 Days After Cylon Attack

En route to Home

Battlestar Atlantis Flag Suite

Admiral Stryker was working on some paperwork when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," Admiral Stryker said seeing Colonel Haller walk through the door, "colonel have a seat."