4:2 Division

Flashback to the past

Day 564 Since the Fall

Battlestar Galactica CIC

"Prepping for the next jump sir," Lieutenant Gaeta reported, as he continued inputting data into Galactica's own Nav computer.

"Chief Tyrol has said that our recent pit stop for a few days without travel to focus on repairs should be enough to let us continue on our current, but we may still need another day or two without jumping on the way," the communications officer said, clicking off the comms relay connected to the hangar deck.

"Very well," Admiral Adama said.

"Already over halfway home," Commander Tigh commented thoughtfully, "Hopefully we'll get the crew to breathe a sigh of relief as we get closer, several are still on edge."

"Maybe," Admiral Adama said quietly.

"Jump coordinates have been distributed, Sir. All fleet ships show green for jump formation Gamma," Lieutenant Gaeta said, standing up straight as he completed his task.

"Initiate Jump," Admiral Adama said.

"Aye, Sir. Jumping in three, two, one, jump," Lieutenant Gaeta said.

The fleet began jumping to the next set of coordinates in their roundabout trip to return to Avalon, taking a less direct path from Adama's caution; just in case the Cylons could be trying to track them, particularly since it became clear that the Cylon fleet had moved a large portion of their fleet ahead on the way towards Avalon.

"Jump complete, all ships reporting in Sir," Lieutenant Gaeta said as the ship came out of FTL at the chosen point in proximity to a nebula.

"Very well Mr. Gaeta, commence DRADIS scan, let's see what's out there," Admiral Adama said.

At that moment, an Electro Magnetic Pulse within the nebula spread out to cover the fleet. As the pulse came into contact with the ships, all technology shorts out and the ships are left in darkness. Aboard Galactica, the power goes out, darkening the ship to pitch black until emergency lighting came online a moment later.

In the chaos within the ship and attention diverted elsewhere with the power loss, no one in CIC notices Colonel Tigh go limp and slumping to the deck. Outside CIC, several other people aboard the ship likewise collapse in a heap.

"Sit Rep!" Admiral Adama ordered loudly, as CIC members frantically move about their stations.

"Uh, sensors show major power fluctuations, checking on the fleet. It looks like some kind of power surge sir, no intel on the cause as of yet," Lieutenant Gaeta said.

"Check auxiliary power," Lieutenant Gaeta said to other CIC personnel.

"We have negative auxiliary power, we're on batteries only," the communications officer said.

"Get ready for an engine restart." Admiral Adama said, hanging up the plot table's comm relay after speaking with personnel from the hangar deck working on getting the main engines and power back online.

Commander Tigh begins joining in with other CIC members in working on getting power restored, recovering after the splitting headache and flashes of memories began streaming through his head. A few minutes pass as the crew works frantically to restore power until the main engines come online and all systems started rebooting.

"Get me a damage report, immediately," Admiral Adama ordered.

"The power outage was fleet wide Admiral. It was also simultaneous aboard all ships," the communications officer said.