4:6 Fracturing

Previously on Battlestar Galactica...

Caprica, Before the Cylon Attack Reached the Colony

"You knew I wanted access to the defense mainframe," Caprica Six said, smiling slightly, looking at Baltar as if to say: come on, you know what I mean.

"Def- Wait a minute, the defense mainframe? What exactly are you saying?" Gaius Baltar asked stunned.

"Come on, Gaius. The communications frequencies, deployment schedules, unlimited access to every database," Caprica Six said.

"Oh my god," Baltar said, running his hands through his hair, pacing and thinks for a moment. "I had nothing to do with this. You know I had nothing to do with this," Baltar said pleadingly, desperate to see a way out of the noose he knew he would be stuck in if this information got out.

"You have an amazing capacity for self-deception. How do you do that?" Caprica Six asked curiously.

"How many people know? About me? Specifically, that I'm involved?" Baltar asked.

"Even now, as the fate of your entire world hangs in the balance, all you can think about is how this affects you," Caprica Six said.

"Do you have any idea what they'll do to me if they find out?" Baltar asked.

"They'd probably charge you with treason," Caprica Six said matter-of-factly, bemused.

"Treason is punishable by the death penalty," Baltar said worriedly.

Day 24 Since the Fall Galactica C.I.C.

"Um, yes, maybe I, uh... you'll have to forgive me, Miss Godfrey, I'm very pleased, if slightly puzzled, to make your acquaintance-," Baltar said, holding out his hand.

"Don't touch me, you traitor," Shelley Godfrey said.

"Is she talking to me? Are you talking to me?" Baltar said.

"You're the one who let the Cylons into the defense mainframe. You betrayed your entire race. You're the man responsible for the holocaust and I'm here to see that you're exposed and sentenced to death as the traitor you really are," Shelley Godfrey said.

"Doctor... Miss Godfrey has made some startling accusations," Commander Adama said.

"I've never seen this woman before in my life," Baltar said.

"I'm not surprised you don't remember me, I was just a lowly systems analyst at the defense ministry. Dr. Amarak was my associate," Shelley Godfrey said.

"She says you sold out the human race. That you let the Cylons into our defense plans," Colonel Tigh said.

"Doctor Amarak told me he had evidence that Dr. Baltar was involved in the sneak attack. He was trying to reach the president and give her that information when he was killed," Shelley Godfrey said.

"He told you that, did he?" Baltar asked.

"Yes, as a matter of fact," Shelley Godfrey said.

"Well, it's a pity he's no longer with us. How convenient that we only have your word for that," Baltar said.

"There's also this," Shelley Godfrey said, holding out a disk to Adama.

"Yeah? What the frak's that?" Baltar asked.

"He gave me this, for safekeeping," Shelley Godfrey said.

"It's I.D. Coded. Colonial Defense Ministry," Commander Adama said, examining the disk.

Galactica - Computer Lab

The whole party has moved to a computer lab, where they're watching the disk footag computer.