2:3 Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges (In Times of War, the Laws Fall Silent)

Battlestar Galactica C.I.C.

"Sir five ships just jumped in; they're almost on top of us," the dradis officer reported.

"Who are they, Cylons or Colonials?" Commander Adama asked.

"One moment sir... they are colonial," the dradis officer replied.

"Put up a visual," Commander Adama ordered.

On one of the screens, five ships appeared. The entire C.I.C saw two Mercury and one Valkyrie class Battlestars, as well as two smaller support ships; a tylium tanker and a supply ship.

"Those are definitely colonial," Colonel Tigh confirmed.

"Sir, the lead ship is sending its IFF to us and to Pegasus. The other ships are doing the same; it's the Battlestars Vanguard, Chimera, and Valkyrie, as well as the support ship Trench and tylium tanker Akimba Maru," Specialist Dualla reported.

"Valkyrie, what the hell is she doing here? No a better question is how the frak she survived when she was in orbit of Caprica at the time of attack?" Colonel Tigh asked surprised, both he and Commander Adama had served on the Valkyrie. Especially during the infamous mission six years before the Cylon attack near the armistice line of Cylon space.

"I believe that's unimportant at the moment," Commander Adama said.

"Sir, the Vanguard is hailing us," Dualla said.

"Put them through on speakers," Commander Adama ordered.

For several seconds there was silence and then...

"To Battlestar Galactica, this is Commander Jurgen Belzen from the Battlestar Vanguard. Do you copy?"

"Loud and clear commander, we're surprised by your sudden appearance since we believed that the entire fleet was destroyed," Commander Adama said.

"I understand Commander, can I board your ship? We have lots to talk about, and if I may make a request; I would ask that Admiral Cain and President Roslin also be present on Galactica," Commander Belzen said.

"Of course commander, we are looking forward..." Commander Adama started to say before being interrupted.

"Then in 15 minutes," Commander Belzen interrupted Commander Adama, and then the line between the ships communications was cut.

"Send messages to President Roslin and Admiral Cain; tell them that they are needed in the conference room onboard Galactica," Commander Adama said to Specialist Dualla.

10 minutes later on Galactica...

"Belzen, that can't be, he was killed. Pegasus' XO Colonel Fisk said that Cain left him in a broken Raptor to slowly die in space," Colonel Tigh said while walking with Adama to the corridors that lead to the conference room.

"It appears he's alive, or do you think he was replaced by Cylons and is actually their agent?" Commander Adama asked in response.

"No, but this is hard to believe; in just under two days four Battlestars show up. Little strange don't you think?" Colonel Tigh asked suspiciously.

"It is, but let's see how this goes first; we don't want to make the mistake as we did with Cain," Commander Adama said.

Several minutes later; Admiral Cain, President Roslin, Colonel Fisk, Commander Adama, Colonel Tigh, Captain Adama, and Lieutenant Thrace were all present in the conference room. This time there were no preparations made, as there were for Admiral Cain's arrival.

"So who the hell is in charge of that fleet, and why didn't I speak with whoever it is?" Admiral Cain asked annoyed.

"Vanguard contacted Galactica, not Pegasus Admiral. And I believe you will see for yourself in a few minutes. I was just informed that the Commander's Raptor landed. He will be here in a few moments," Commander Adama replied.