1:6 Downfall

Cylon attack Underway

Picon Ground HQ, Picon

The Combat Information Center Fleet Head Quarters Picon was over 1,000 meters beneath the surface of Picon and the largest CIC anywhere in the Colonies.

Fleet Admiral Torres watched one of the screens that showed him the location of all units near the border with the Cylons. He was confused when one of the green dots that represented the Andraste Battle Group stopped blinking and turned yellow for unknown status. At almost the same time, a lieutenant ran forward and reported to the Admiral...

"Admiral we just lost contact with the Andraste Battle Group, we have also lost contact with Gemenon, Scorpia, Caprica, Tauron, and Sagittaron."

"What? Continue to try to contact those colonies and the Andraste Battle Group! Send raptors to each of them as well. What the FRACK is going on?" Admiral Torres replied. But Torres had a feeling in his gut that he already knows what is happening and the raptor sent to the Andraste (Andraste class Warstar) will just confirm it.

"Sir a raptor just jumped in, they report that the Andraste and her battle group have been attacked by the Cylons, and at the time the raptor jumped away the two escorting Battlestars had been shut down somehow and then nuked until they were destroyed. Also, they report that the Cylons seem to have found a backdoor into our computer systems through our CNP program," the lieutenant said.

"Dear gods! Communications send a Priority One warning to all colonial units; tell them to shut the CNP program down, and reload the old program now! That is a direct order from me. Send the logs from the Andraste as proof of the Cylon backdoor," Admiral Torres ordered.

"Yes sir. Sir, we just lost contact with Leonis," the communications officer said frantically.

Scorpion Fleet Shipyards

Battlestar Pegasus

"Come in!" Admiral Cain said loudly when the door buzzed, and turned her attention back to the Pegasus evaluation reports while continuing to walk briskly on the treadmill. Colonel Belzen walked in and shook his head while smiling at seeing Admiral Cain reading and working out on a treadmill.

"That's your idea of vacation reading?" Colonel Belzen asked in disbelief, as he used his rolled up magazine to point to the Pegasus evaluation reports Admiral Cain was going over.

"What, is that your idea of a hobby?" Admiral Cain asked chuckling and nodding towards the Scorpia Paragliding magazine in Colonel Belzen's hand.

"Yeah, it is," Colonel Belzen said smiling and unrolled the Scorpia Paragliding magazine into both hands facing Admiral Cain. "So, have you figured out how you're going to spend your shore leave?" Colonel Belzen asked curiously.

"Uhh, I was thinking about maybe going home to Tauron to visit some friends, but I haven't made any definite plans yet, nope," Admiral Cain said, huffing her response out as she continued to briskly walk on the treadmill.

"In that case, how about spending some time with us on Gemenon? I know Rika and the girls would love to see you. Come on Helena, you deserve a break. We've been on patrol for over a year now," Colonel Belzen said.

"Look, I've got a repair list as long as my arm, plus the networks are going to be down for the refit and you know I don't like leaving Pegasus at the mercy of a bunch of civilian contractors, so," Admiral Cain said shaking her head.

"Alright, listen to your XO; once in a while it's ok to get off the treadmill," Colonel Belzen said, raising and pointing his finger at Admiral Cain trying to keep her attention.