4:10 Cavil's Last Gamble

In orbit above Avalon, over a thousand defense satellites stood guard arrayed across different points in orbit to provide global coverage. Each of the 80 large defense stations had the firepower of a mercury class Battlestar, each hundreds of meters apart able to use boosters or FTL aboard to move to reinforce a particular position quickly. The hundreds of smaller anti-fighter/missile point defense satellites remained in position in between the larger satellites.

Farther beyond the satellites, the colonial fleet maneuvered into formations of BSG units.

Battlestars Atlantis, Nike, Galactica. Rycon, Deucalion, Indra, Apollo, Theseus, Caprica, Pisces, Scorpio, Aries, Pacifica, Neptune, Vanguard, Chimera, Pegasus, Polaris, Trinity, Atlas, Ithaca, Sword, Minerva, Pleiades, Valkyrie, Poseidon, Concordia, Sleipnir, Titan, and Phoebe formed the center of formations with support ships around them. Baseship Pallas of Athens, WarstarDaedulus and Heavy Warstar Sanctuary hovered among the fleet. Spread between the capital ships were the 6 supercarriers, 20firestars, and 66 gunstars.

Battlestar Atlantis CIC

Commander Haller once again tapped his fingers rapidly on the plot table across from Admiral Stryker, joining the many others in the fleet showing signs of anxiety as they awaited the predicted arrival of the Cylon fleet. Hours had gone by, requiring pilots manning planes and officers at their stations to stand at a stance of readiness for an extended time, stepping down to condition two as personnel showed signs of the stress getting to them.

"What do you think? Could they run?" Commander Haller asked, eyebrows scrunched together in consternation, voicing a question asked more than once.

"I don't know," Admiral Stryker said irritably, voice taut with stress, "Cavil's a mad dog. He's got a juicy target, all he's been working towards in his goal to eliminate humanity; faced with the option to give up and run or stick to his guns, he's going to come."

A quiet spread among the crew, personnel whispering to one another, each anxiously eyeballing the dradis every now and again from their stations.

The tactical officer Lieutenant Nelson Miles was visibly sweating, blinking rapidly, as he stood at his station wearily studying the sensors from the ship and reports coming in from the rest of the fleet.

A sudden loud beeping noise disrupted the quiet among the crew, causing everyone to look up to dradis. The first signal detected showed a large red icon signifying a capital class ship, within seconds being registered as a Cylonbaseship. More beeping as another contact appeared, then another, and more continued to follow.

The Cylon fleet appeared in a flash of white light out of FTL, maneuvering into formation across from the colonial fleet just outside of their firing range. 26 of the new Adonis class baseships appeared, along with 28 of the standard baseships; each launching raiders upon arrival.

Cylon Adonis Baseship 001, CIC

Inside, the Adonis class resembled the structure of a Battlestar; a motley collection of computer stations in a circular room that formed the CIC, with large view screens above a plot table at the center of the room. Only the hum and lighting of the data streams which each computer station had a port for human Cylons to immerse there hand in, in order to access all data collected by the ship, differentiated the warship from a human ship aesthetically.

In times previous, the centurions aboard stuck the sides of the CIC, completely separate from the human Cylons and forming solely a defensive perimeter to provide security. Aboard the Adonis baseships, centurions stood with a large group of human Cylon fives and ones, forming the crew of the baseships.

"All ships of the fleet accounted for. Processing. Colonial fleet detected above planet's defensive perimeter. 27Battlestars, approximately 66 gunstars detected. Unrecognized fighters launching, assumed new model of Vipers. Database searching for a match... Previously determined destroyed warship detected; Heavy Warstar Sanctuary. Warstar Daedalus detected. Unrecognized baseship detected. 26 Unknown warships of unrecognized configuration detected. Massive flux of new configuration of presumed viper fighter craft launching from the six large unidentified warships; over 1000 and counting from each," Centurion Alpha One said monotonously with its synthetic robotic voice, its red eye vrooming back and forth loudly.