4:9 Night Battle

Admiral's Log

It's been almost two weeks since I collapsed and went into a coma. I feel I've been manipulated. Although Athena says she didn't cause my collapse; she did project herself in my mind, using the time I was unconscious to visit me. I found the truth about my life had been tempered by an outsider, a member of a species far superior to us, which we once called gods and many still revere them as such. I don't know how to feel about learning of her manipulating me. Perhaps I feel somewhat betrayed. Treated like a doll to dance around on strings and play a role given to me; made into a weapon... Thinking like that infuriates me, so I do my best to focus on the good that has come about. Athena's intentions were not violent, not against my own beliefs. She wants to help us, although she cannot do that directly, so she's doing it in all ways she can. There is not much sense in this. Many things in life have no sense at all. The death we've experienced with the Cylons, the death on both sides really has been utterly senseless killing in a continued cycle of death and destruction without a final end. Even at such times when life has no sense however, we are forced to adapt to it - to keep going.

However I find there are more important matters than discussing my dreams and visions. The Cylons in our fleet revealed that Cavil's fleet has already come near Avalon. Several survivors of the number four model of the Cylons, or also called Simons, arrived two days ago with news that Cavil went mad. He and the remaining model that was still loyal to him, number five who are equally evil as he is, are gathering their forces for beginning a final assault. The Fours told us that Cavil was forced to change strategy; creating numerous primitive centurions programmed with lower level intelligence and no capability of sentience so they couldn't be turned against him, and upping production of lobotomized raiders with dumbed down intelligence. Less effective than their previous incarnations, he has mass produced large numbers of these raiders and centurions to compensate and create a vicious fighting force. Cavil also has at least a dozen modern baseships, several older baseships from the first Cylon war, the dreadstar, and at least a dozen of the new Adonis class baseships: which are said to be far more powerful than other baseships. We also know the Cylon Mobile shipyard followed the fleet and was recently hidden in a nearby Blue Circle nebula.

While this force is not nearly as strong as the one the Cylons had at the beginning of their war against us it is however strong enough to do lots of damage, especially if they manage to defeat our fleet.

The final battle will come quickly, and I already planned how to deal with the Cylons once and for all. If we win, all that remains is to somehow deal with the harvesters. We will need to deal with them sooner or later or no matter what we build here, it will be in danger by them.

Several hours later...

Invictus conference room

All high officials of the colonial fleet as well as civilian representatives, including even the Cylon representative Kathy, were present.

A lot of squabbling among the representatives and officials had gone on for some time before Admiral Stryker arrived. As Admiral Stryker walked inside, the doors echoed loudly in the suddenly quieting large room, all heads turned to look to the Fleet Admiral.

"Ladies and gentlemen's be seated," Fleet Admiral Stryker said, walking forward to take a seat in the center of the conference room.

Stryker waited for everyone for be seated and then started going over his plan.

"As you know, the Cylons provided us with very important Intel about the whereabouts and plans of the enemy fleet, which scouts sent out have authenticated. There was a movement in the Mobile shipyard's position, but we know it's location as well as the main Cylon fleet.