Prologue

18th July 1979

"Congratulations! You have a beautiful and healthy baby girl." The healer at St Mungo's said.

I turned my head to my husband and saw the tears in his eyes, while he stared at our newborn daughter.

"Hello baby, hello my little Penelope.", he cooed.

Penelope Rose, that's her name. I've always loved the name Penelope.

"She's beautiful, darling. She looks exactly like you, Rose. I'm so proud of you. You did amazing."

He handed me the baby back and kissed my forehead after he put a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

I've never felt this much love before, sitting in this hospital bed with my daughter and the love of my life. Nothing's going to change that, nobody will ever come between us. I will protect her with my life and will always be there for her. I can't help but wonder what the future will hold for her.

31st October 1981

"Matthew? I'm gonna go now. Penny is fast asleep." I found my husband sitting on our kitchen table, staring out the window.

"What's up, Matt?" I asked concerned. He sighed and looked at me.

"The thunderstorm is horrible tonight, why can't you stay with me and visit Lily tomorrow?" He reached for my hand and I willingly let him hold it. Matthew is overly protective of me since I gave birth to our daughter.

"Baby, you worry too much. I'm a grown up witch, a thunderstorm can't harm me." I chuckled, he didn't.

"I promised Lily to come over tonight. And i promise you, that I will be back safe and sound in the morning." I kissed him goodbye.

I went to put on my shoes and a long rain coat and enchanted my wand to an umbrella.

I left our house and made my way over to my sister Lily and her husband James. Their son Harry was born just a couple of days after our Penny. I'm so excited for them to grow up together and one day to attend Hogwarts together.

I knocked on the door and just a second later my identical twin sister opened it. Lily and I have always been inseperable. Much to our older sister Petunia's dismay. Petunia is a muggle, while Lily and I are witches. Our parents freaked out when our first Hogwarts letter arrived.

Before I stepped in I remembered the worry in Matthews eyes, when I left. I shuddered. What can possibly happen?

Matthew

I awoke from the sound of a loud knocking on our front door. I turned to my left side but Rose wasn't there yet. The knocking became louder and more frequent. I looked for my wand on the night stand and jumped out of bed. Before I ran down I checked on Penny. She's still asleep. Who could that be? A terrible feeling came over me.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"It's me. Sirius. Please, Matt, open the door now." I heard the voice of one of my best friends saying. I opened the door and Sirius immediately pushed himself past me.
He's drenched, his curly blackhair was pressed to his forehead and he looked as he had seen "he-who-must-not-be-named" personally.

"Something happened.", was all he managed to say before he broke down.