Chapter XI

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were the bright halogen lights in the hospital wing. How did I get here?

I turned my head slightly to the left, my eyes landed on the red headed boy, who sat on a chair next to my bed, holding my hand.

The pieces of the puzzle slowly came back together. The memories came back. Cedric. Dead. My father. Alive? Was that a dream or was it reality? And why was I in the hospital wing?

„Hey.“, I whispered and he looked up at me. His eyes full of pity and worry.

„Hey.“, he spoke in a soft tone. „How’re you feeling?“

„You mean how I feel after my boyfriend was murdered by You-Know-Who, and the last words I said to him were that I don’t love him and we basically broke up and then the last thing he saw was you putting your arm over me. So he died, thinking I didn’t love him, what I actually don’t do but that’s not the point he was still my boyfriend and I thought we can make things work. Or do you mean how I feel after my father came back from the dead and casually walked into this fucking castle, to do what? Just say hello?“, I barely recognized my own voice, it was laced with a poison called sarcasm and anger and I poured it all over Fred.

And Fred, he just sat there and took in all of my anger.

„And why am I in this fucking small hospital bed? Enlighten me, Fred!“, I spat the words at him.

„You blacked out after you saw the man, you thought was your father, and because I didn’t know the cause of it I thought is was good to let someone check up on you.“, his voice sounded calm.

„Oh my god…“, I gulped. „he really is dead, isn’t he?“, my gaze wandered to Fred, trying to keep the tears, that tried to escape my eyes, at a bay. He nodded.

I took a deep breath in.

„And.. Was it really my father? It couldn’t be him, he’s supposed to be dead.“, just when I finished my sentence the door to the hospital wing busted open and a tall man, with wrinkled clothes and scars all over his face entered the room.

When he spotted me, he hurried to my bed and when he reached me I jumped up, directly into his arms and began to sob. He just held me and let me cry in his arms.

„Ssshh, baby girl. I’ve got you.“, Remus whispered in my ear, his hand caressed the back of my head.

Suddenly I found it hard to breathe, I choked on my sobs and I panicked. The events came crashing on me with a terrible force.

Remus took my face between his hands and made me look in to his eyes. I saw my own reflection in them.

„Breathe with me, Penny.“, he said and took a deep breath in, and I gave my best to imitate his actions. Eventually my breathing calmed down and became normal.

Remus made me sit down on the bed again, next to Fred, who had watched my little panic attack. He himself sat down on the chair that Fred was sitting on before.

„Why are you here?“, I asked when I had found my voice again.

I looked around the room, to see that we were the only ones in here.

„I was on the stands with Padfoot, we wanted to cheer on Harry.“

I frowned at him.

„What? You were here all the time? Why didn’t you come to me?“

„I wanted to surprise you after the task and I had to keep a low profile because of Padfoot, with all the ministry workers here.“, he smiled apologetically. „And then chaos broke out. I had a hard time to get Padfoot out of here. When I came back I didn’t find you and Dumbledore stopped me about the matter with Professor Moody and Harry. But when I heard you were here, I directly came.“, Remus rarely spoke that much at once, I thought to myself.