Chapter XXXI

Warning - slight mature content

„I’m bored.“, Sirius groaned annoyed and dropped his head against the backrest of the sofa.

„Yeah, we know that, Pads,“ Remus came up behind him and handed him a cup of coffee over his shoulder, which Sirius gratefully accepted and took a first sip.

„You haven’t been telling anything else for weeks,“ chuckled the former werewolf and sat down on the couch next to Sirius.

Opposite the two men, Penny sat in the large armchair, a thick blanket wrapped around her body a cup of steaming tea in the left hand and a book in the right.

She briefly looked over the edge of the book and smiled at the encounter of Sirius and Remus before returning to the story of the two Dashwood sisters, when the sound of an explosion from the upper floor made the three stop again what they were doing.

They looked at each other and after no cries for help were heard, they continued with their current activities.

And that’s what most days in the lives of Penny, Sirius, Remus and the twins looked like in Grimmauld Place, where they had been stuck for months now.

Fred and George worked tirelessly on new inventions for their Joke Shop while selling their prank items via owl service.

After completely dusting, tidying up and redecorating the house, Penny spent most of her time in the library where she rediscovered her passion for reading, and so it was no wonder it didn’t take long for her to devour the majority of the novels there.

After each dinner, Penny and Fred spent the nights together in their bed.

And it was safe to say that the two got everything out of it. Because most nights consisted of sensual moans, tender touches, whispers of sweet nothings, and screaming each other’s name’s in pure ecstasy.

The only witness, the moon and the stars that shone through the window and bathed the room in a soft light, while they made love.

And Sirius and Remus? The two enjoyed the presence of the other to the fullest, as months ago it was still questionable, even impossible, that they would ever talk to each other again.

Good morning, Dad, I brought your potion and a coffee.“, as every morning in the past weeks, a cheerful Penny balanced a tray with strong black coffee and a selection of different potions into the bedroom of Sirius and Remus.

The latter made visible progress, a few words made it out of his mouth and he was able to move his hands and legs, leaving Madam Pomfrey in no doubt that he would fully recover.

„Holy fucking Merlin.“, the red-haired girl shrieked and dropped the tray.

The cup and the vials broke on the floor in front of her and the liquids pooled around her feet.

„Good morning to you too.“, with her mouth open and a hand over her heart, she stared at her father, who instead of lying down, was now sitting on the edge of the bed and watching the situation in front of him amused.

It didn’t take time for Sirius and the identical Weasley brothers to show up behind Penny.

„What a warm welcome.“, the man with the scars on his face grinned, while the others continued to stand petrified in the room, trying to understand what they saw before their eyes.

This time Penny was the first to react and faster than Remus could look, his daughter threw herself around his neck. „Is this real? Am I dreaming? Can anyone pinch me?“, she sniffled while holding Remus tightly in her arms.