Chapter XII

AN: only a short one
        fluff - just because I wanted to
        I recommend listening to:
        Andante, Andante by Abba

I was lying in my bed in my own room.

I had suggested sharing a room with Hermione and Ginny, but Remus insisted I get my own.

I’ve never had my own room and the quiet was a bit strange.

It was late, but I couldn’t sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw imagines of Cedric and my father flashing in front of my eyes.

I was listening to Queen on Sirius‘ old record player when there was a knock on the door.

„Come in.“ I said, wondering who could still be awake at this time.

Fred carefully poked his head through the door and grinned before stepping all the way in and quietly closing the door.

„Why are you still awake?“, I sat up and patted my bed so that he would sit down next to me.

Fred came over and sat down next to me.

„I felt like you could use company,“ he smiled. „What are you hearing?“, He pointed to the record player and looked at me.

„Queen, a muggle band, haven’t you heard that before?“

He listened carefully and thought for a moment.

„Yes, I think so. I like that,“ he drummed his fingers on his legs.

I watched him before he spoke again.

„What else do you have there?“, he pointed to the vinyls that were next to the turntable.

I got up and went over. I picked up some of them and read.

„Elton John, Abba, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, Deep Purple… actually there’s a lot more.“, I spoke.

„Show me your favorite.“

I nodded and my eyes fell straight on Abba. I smiled and put the record on.

After a moment, a song started playing, definitely one of my favorites.

I turned around and Fred was already up. I tilted my head slightly and looked at him questioningly.

He held out a hand to me.

„Dance with me.“

„What?“ I giggled.

„I owe you a dance because we couldn’t dance at the yule ball.“ He took a step closer and I took his hand.

He pulled me closer and we slowly began to dance to the soft voices of Agnetha und Anni-Frid.

Take it easy with me, please. Touch me gently like a summer evening breeze.

He looked at me, our eyes met.

Take your time, make it slow. Andante, Andante. Just let the feeling grow.

He brushed a strand of hair off my face and his hand caressed my cheek.

Make your fingers soft and light. Let your body be the velvet of the night. Touch my soul, you know how.

He smiled and ever so slightly brushed his hands over my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

Andante, Andante. Go slowly with me now.

I laid my head against his chest and  listened to his heartbeat. The butterflies in my stomach could no longer be ignored.

Andante, Andante. Oh please, don’t let me down.

The song ended, we stood in the middle of the room for a moment, until Fred let go of me.

„Thanks,“ I whispered and smiled at the tall man in front of me.

„It’s been a pleasure, love.“

-----

We sat on the floor with different vinyls around us, we tried to hear as many as possible.

„Are you tired?“ he asked.

„No.“ I lied but my body was betraying me and I yawned.

Fred laughed, got up and walked over to my bed. I watched as he pulled his jumper over his head and laid down in my bed.

„What are you waiting for?“

Before my head could make a decision, my body acted and I scurried over to him. He held up the covers and I crawled into bed next to him.

We looked each other in the eye. In the dimmed light, his eyes were almost dark brown, just a little reflection of the light could be seen.

There’s a shimmer in your eyes. Like the feelin‘ of a thousand butterflies.

I thought of the lines of the song we danced to earlier.

I could no longer lie to myself.

He’s my safe haven, he’s my rock in the waves, he hold me tight but let me breath, he gave me wings but kept me on the ground, he would let me climb a mountain but catch me if I fall.

With him I felt whole, euphoric, loved, valued and seen. And I was willing to do everything in my power to be exactly the same for him.

Is this how love feels?