2. The Nightmare Keeps Trailing Behind Me

It felt like a dreaded night. Rain drizzled wetting the earth. It already felt like hours trekking down the vacant aisle alone. Only his footsteps echoed through out the narrow aisle. He felt extremely uneasy because of the claustrophobic atmosphere.

The feeling kept lingering in his heart. Furthermore, throughout his whole journey, he didn't encounter any single human. To add more of the terrifying scene, the atmosphere felt so dense and he had hard time breathing. He felt like someone was choking him.

By the time he passed through a section of the aisle, the lights flickered aggressively and it's daunting him. But what's more daunting was, even though he's alone, he could make out a subtle noise of someone's footsteps.

Shit! Who was that?

A chaos erupted when the sound of other footsteps started to escalate. Jake sensed that was the cue for him to swiftly sprint away. And the moment he flee, all the lights flickered. Jake tried to heighten his senses on every detail of his surroundings but it was all too vague for him.

The chasing sequence had come to an end. Jake reached the end of the aisle. Frighteningly, the scene made him frozen in place. Not long after, the steps gradually faded away. It's a relief for him. But in the midst of all the scenario, he could still made out small noise of the footsteps. It became more vigorous as if he tried as hard as he could to search for him.

"You think I'm that dumb, don't you?"

Jake anxiously stood frozen still. Not a single muscle was moved. It felt like he had fallen into a spell that locked him in his place. Slowly, his eyes caught a glimpse of that person gradually appearing from the abyss of the darkness.

"No need to be terrified. But my query is what are you doing here, Shim?"

Furthermore, there was a sickening grin hold by Sunghoon. Even in a panic state, Jake didn't just overlook the fact that the figure standing in front of him was holding a knife hand. But what's more terrifying was when Sunghoon himself lifted the knife and slowly bringing it close to his bare hand.

"Feeling daunted by this small thing?"

What a sick joke from this lunatic psycho!

Shaking his head numerous times, Sunghoon peered the boy with full disgust and pity. Slowly, the figure approached him. Jake could sense chill down his spines. But then, Sunghoon crouched down in front of him. Terrifyingly eyeing Jake, he slightly tilted his head sideway and let out a sigh whilst shaking his head once again.

Sunghoon branched out his knife toward Jake.

"What a pity...? I think I could end you right here and now. Peer at yourself. Pathetic!"

The cold sensation from the sharp knife suddenly pierced through his skin. It felt extremely burnt and hurt. Even with the threatening act from Sunghoon, Jake could only sat on the cold tiles.

"Please stop...!" Jake pleaded endlessly.

"Shut up! You're making my work harder!"

Out of nowhere, Jake gained enough strength to push the figure away. But it was a useless attempt. Sunghoon swiftly tackled him back. Not even a single muscle can be moved by Jake as he was pinned on the cold tiles.

"You dared doing that to me?!"

Sunghoon lifted his knife. Without any mercy, he swung it toward Jake. And with that Jake could feel his heart beating fast. It hurt.

Wake up!

"Help!"

Jake suddenly snapped out from his deep slumber. Every part of his figure was drenched in sweat. His heart was beating so fast.

Some moment of silent passed, the door was violently knocked. And after that, it burst open revealing his concerned parents. Jake had no time to explain but his parents already swiftly sprinting toward him.

"My Son! Are you alright...?"

Mrs. Shim affectionately ruffled her son's brown hair.

"It's not crucial... I just got some nightmare."

Jake tried to conceal his expression. The nightmare itself actually resembled like hell. It shook himself. However, even with that dreaded nightmare, he fixed his posture telling his parents that he was fine.

Afterwards, both of his parents just gave him a relieved smiles.

"Thank God. We're both relieved to hear that."

Both of his parents smiled in relieved. Presently, his parents always stayed in their house. Then, both of them stood up and walked out. But before both them was out of sight, Jake realised that there was a cellphone on his mattress.

"Mom! You left your phone!"

Jake swiftly took the phone. He took off his thick duvet and went toward his parents.

"Jake?!" Both of his parents shrieked in terror.

Jake longed to be a normal teenager. But this dreaded nightmare kept trailing behind him.