8. Just Time Will Tell

Sun rose brightly. It had been over a night since his discussion with his own parents. But he didn't inform them anything. It's like a tacit agreement of the discussion the day before.

When he's wide awake, he noticed there's a massage left by his mom. Furthermore, without even reading the massage, he readied himself. Coming out from his room, he saw Sunoo on the dining table.

"Jake? Where are you going?"

Jake stood frozen. He could sense that his heart beating unusually fast. He can't help but to gulp when the query was thrown at him.

"Don't tell me you agreed on that marriage!"

Jake could only froze in silence. His hands then began to fidget. He couldn't come up with any answers nor excuses.

"Jake! I couldn't believe you!"

Sunoo was hit by disappointment. He couldn't believe that Jake himself agreed on that ridiculous thing. Without uttering any more word, he brought his breakfast and stormed in into his room.

"Sunoo!"

Why is he that mad?

Jake could only sigh. Without trying to persuade Sunoo, he left the house. But even so, he could feel the guilt accumulating in his heart. It became more stagnant the more he thought of it. Thereafter, he tried his best to shrugged the thoughts of his mind.

When Jake almost reached his car, he got a call from his mother. In an instant, he picked it up. Nothing much was said by Mrs. Shim. She was just asking about Jake's whereabout currently. It felt like a cue for Jake to reach the house quickly.

And when he arrived, he noticed the unfamiliar car parked on his front yard.

That must be them.

And swiftly, Jake sprinted toward the massive door and encountered his parents waiting for him.

"You've arrived!" Mrs. Shim greeted. Jake anxiously nodded.

"They are waiting inside."

Jake could feel his anxiousness creeping throughout his whole body. This was it. The moment of truth. Thereafter, he stepped inside the huge living room. And there he could make out three figures sitting on the sofa. Furthermore, he also heard two unfamiliar voices and one voice that he recognised very well.

"Greetings Jake," greeted the guest fancily.

Jake bowed down for a moment. And then, he proceeded to sit on the sofa. In front of him were two adults and a sort of teenager. Watching the expression of the guests, he felt like he would vomit at any moment.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Park. Hi Sunghoon."

"Oh! So you two knew each other?"

Sunghoon stood up from his seat and walked toward Jake. Smile decorating his face as he handed out his hand. But for some reason, Jake only stared at it. As if he had a short-circuit, he spaced out there.

Peering at the latter, Sunghoon retrieved his hand as no respond was given. He smiled brightly.

"You're shy. Quite cute if you ask me."

"How do you know my son?" Mr. Park queried. Jake was stunned by the question.

What should I say?!

"Let's have a tea first, Mr. and Mrs. Park!"

Mrs. Shim came out from the kitchen. His hands were carrying a tray full of teapot and glasses. Automatically, Jake went toward his mother. And without any hesitation, he took the tray, helping his mother in the process.

"What a pleasant son you have! He's gonna be a good son."

Both of the guests grinned widely. Watching Jake being so humble really was something. It kinda shifted their mind. Jake awkwardly peered at them. And then, Mr. Shim came out and sat together with her wife. They exchanged gazes with the guests and sent a cue on Jake.

"So shall we start? I think it's best for both of them to spend their time together." Mr. Park suggested.

"Oh yeah. Jake could you bring Sunghoon around?"

Mrs. Shim waved her hand as if she's sending a signal for Jake to bring Sunghoon around the house. Jake understood the cue and stood up. Obviously, it's quite awkward for him but Sunghoon didn't seem to show any sign such him.

"Let's go."

Jake waited for the latter. Sunghoon then stood up trailing beside him. He then walked out from the living room toward his own bedroom. Sunghoon just trailed silently behind him. It felt like a long way before he reached his own bedroom. And when he reached there, Sunghoon smiled.

"Cute," Sunghoon commented.

Sunghoon stepped inside the room. He scanned through the whole room, going through the hung frames one by one. However, Jake only stood still as he peered at the guy. His eyes followed the figure as he walked along side the wall.

"Jake! Sunghoon!"

Both of them heard Mr. Shim. Thereafter, Sunghoon went out from the room. Jake trailed behind him. But since Sunghoon was taller, he couldn't keep up with his pace.

"Sunghoon. Please slow down a bit."

And with that remark, Sunghoon stopped. Jake then sprinted a bit to reach Sunghoon. And after that, they continued. When they arrived there, all the people there had their eyes on them. All of them were smilling. And then, both of them went to their seat as their parents continued the discussion.

"We've talked about it and if y'all agree, we can do the wedding as soon as possible."

There was a brief pause. But then Sunghoon inclined his head in agreement.

"I'm fine with that."

"If Sunghoon was fine by it, then me either."

Ring!

A phone suddenly rang. All of them peered at the sound of that ringing phone, which came from Mr. Park. Therefore, Mr. Park excused himself and left for a brief moment. And they all waited for him. But then, when he showed up once more, he excused all of them.

"I'm very sorry. I had a call from my company. There's some significant matter that needed to be done," excused the guy.

"Oh. No need to be sorry. We understood. We, ourselves have our company and sometimes stuff like this happens."

And with that stated, they excused themselves. Bidding everyone good-bye, they left the residence. However, after the absence of their guest, Jake's parents both sighed in relief.

"Oh thank God! Everything went smoothly."

"What happened?" asked by the confused latter.

"Not really but we thought it will go downhill. Haha. But everything was quite okay."

"Oh."

Jake stared at the now vacant front yard. It was rather strange now that he had met Sunghoon's parents. Deep inside, he always think about what Sunoo had said. But no use crying over spilt milk. Everything had passed. And now, just time will tell.