19. His Letter

"Won! Stop this nonsense! We can't play something like this!"

Jay angrily fastened his eyes on Jungwon. Rages filled his body. And with little force, he put down his mug harshly.

The act shook Jungwon a bit. Nervousness crept in his body. But he didn't budge from his position. Concealing his expression, he gulped nervously as he tried to utter a word.

"Why would I play something like this?! Even if I was just an acquaintance to him, I still feel concerned about him!"

Jay pinched the bridge of his nose. Trying to process the information, he remained absolutely still.

"I'm sorry. I should've let my emotions took over me."

Jay walked closer to Jungwon and hugged him. With heavy heart, he sighed sadly. Not even a second later, Jungwon heard sniffles coming from the latter.

"But he was just fine when we were there."

"He's in such a critical state that time..."

As if the time had froze, Jay didn't move a single muscle. Only his sobs echoed in the massive living room.

Ring!

"Jay... It's your phone," Jungwon softly informed.

Jay couldn't see clearly as tears and tears accumulating in his eyes. And thus, he picked it up nonchalantly.

"Hello?"

"Hi Jay," it was his dad.

"Dad..."

Jay's sniffles could be heard as it crescendoed.

"It's about Jake. He had..."

Not even letting his father finish, Jay fall harshly onto his knees. He didn't dare to listen to the confessions.

As if everything had stopped, his emotions didn't took over him anymore. Neither do he cry nor scream. He felt nothing. Emptiness filled his heart. It's like he had fallen into a dark hole, swollen by the abyss.

Everything was just too vague for him.

"Jay..."

So, it was real.

"Won... I need to go somewhere... I'll be back soon."

Driving his car, he navigated toward the house he wanted to reach. And upon reaching, he noticed it was almost vacant. There weren't any cars on the yard as usual. And thus, Jay retrieved into his car.

They're not here...

"Jay?"

Jay spun his head. Scanning the site, he saw Sunghoon on the doorway. He came up to the latter. His expression didn't show any sign of grief.

"Hoon, where are you going?"

"I just knew Jake was sick. So I want to pay him a visit."

Sunghoon smiled awkwardly. Jay however scanned the latter in confusion.

"What?"

"I eavesdropped my parents' conversation last night and I heard Jake was sick."

"No. I knew that but why would you meet him again?"

The tension on Jay heightened. In addition, he didn't try to conceal his expression anymore. And Sunghoon just laughed awkwardly at Jay.

"Why? Is it wrong?"

"It is wrong! The moment you left him is wrong! The marriage is a mistake! You shouldn't have married him!"

Sunghoon took few steps back. He could feel the rages radiating from Jay. The tension was once again heightened. With how Jay looked, Sunghoon gulped nervously. And precisely, Jay's act shook Sunghoon a bit. It was intimidating to see Jay in such state.