13. One With It

It was the same-old place Jake recognised too well at this point. It was the same place he was contained last summer.

The moment both Jake and Sunoo reached the site, they knew to well of the direction they were going to. Navigating themselves as if it was their second residence.

The inside was extremely familiar with not a single thing was moved from decades ago.

Jake navigated both of them toward the front desk. The nurse was sitting there, checking lists and lists of patients. It actually took quite some times for her to notice their presences.

"I'm sorry. What can I help you?" The nurse queried in a more exhausted tone.

"I'm here for my check up with Mr. Nam. Room V-311 under the name Jake Shim."

The nurse inclined her head. And then, she proceeded to sit down, scrolling through her bright screen computer. Her fingers never stopped tapping on the wooden desk. It took quite a minute before Jake got a reply.

"Oh yes. You have appointment with Mr. Nam at eleven o'clock. You may proceed to your room."

Understood by the simple instruction, Jake and Sunoo left.

The hospital was quite crowded that day. They needed to circumvent a lot of people. And finally, after treading the bustling aisle, they reached the familiar room.

Jake peeked inside after opening the door slightly. No one was inside. Even Mr. Nam wasn't there yet. Jake then went inside with Sunoo like they always did. Jake threw his body and landed on the soft mattress.

"Wow. You actually missed this place?"

"Not really but I like watching the vast view of the city. And when it's night, it's more fascinating!"

Sunoo couldn't even answer the reply when both of them heard the door swung open. It was Mr. Nam. Sunoo awkwardly greeted the psychiatrist. However, Jake just beamed a smile on the person, since he recognised the person too well.

"Hello Mr. Nam!" The guy smiled and nodded his head a little bit.

"Morning Jake. Good to have you here today. It's been awhile since you came. Have a seat."

The psychiatrist pointed at the seat situated in front of him. Albeit Jake didn't want to leave the comfortable mattress, he however needed to. Sunoo, beside him tried to make Jake move.

"Jake?"

After that remark, Jake finally supported his figure and walked toward the seat.

"Let's start. Like always, we'll put you to sleep."

Jake saw the necklace swinging rapidly in front of his eyes. His eyelids felt heavier the more he fastened his vision on it. And suddenly, Jake closed his eyes. The psychiatrist nodded.

"How are you feeling recently?"

"I keep getting those terrifying nightmares again. It's weird and I..."

It was hard for Jake to let it out.

"What happened in your dream?"

"I always get locked up in a room. There's no escape. I couldn't get away from it..."

"So generally, dreams about being trapped indicate frustrations you may be feeling in your waking life. These frustrations may be derived from your job, someone holding you back in your professional or personal progress, or a relationship in which you may feel trapped. Does any of the things I said relate to you."

"I..."

There was long pause. Jake couldn't make out anything. And Sunoo felt like he's locked in place. He just anxiously watched as the scene unfolded.

"Jake. I heard you just get married. Are you happy with it? Is everything fine?"

Sunoo was as concerned as Mr. Nam. Sunoo took notice of that worried tone use by him.

Jake however still couldn't utter a single word. As if he was broken, Mr. Nam approached him. Jake breathed harshly. And it came out way more terrifying than what Sunoo had thought before.

"Jake?"

Sob. Sob. Sob.

"Please get me out from here," a peculiar respond from Jake.

And with that Jake had crumpled himself. Sobbing and crying in agony. Sunoo could only watched as his best friend let out his tears.

"It hurts so much, Sunghoon."

With that remark, Sunoo stiffened. Mr. Nam then swiftly taking notes after notes on whatever Jake's nonsense responds. Gulping anxiously, Sunoo slowly stepped closer toward his friend.

Jake's eyes were shut. But the tears kept flowing down his cheeks. A sensation of guilt is building up.

"Why all of you keep leaving me here?! Please help me!"

What is he dreaming of?

"Mr...?" the psychiatrist suddenly asked.

"Kim. Kim Sunoo," informed by the latter.

"He'll be in this state for quite some times. But it wouldn't take until night. If you may, please take care of him for awhile. I'll get the nurses and doctor if his condition worsen."

Sunoo peered at Jake anxiously. He's not doing something threatening nor something that'll harm himself. He just kept on crying.

The psychiatrist then excused himself leaving only him and Jake. Sunoo approached the figure slowly. His hand reached the latter's forehead.

Sunoo affectionately ruffled Jake's brown hair. The now faint sobs were the only thing he could hear. No more rumbling noise.

Ring!

Sunoo checked his pocket and fished out his phone. But his phone wasn't ringing.

Sunoo then scanned the whole room. The vibrating phone on the desk came into his sight. Approaching the phone slowly, his eyes peeked at the caller.

"Heeseung..."

Sunoo swiftly picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi Heeseung."

"Sunoo?"

"Yeah. I answered for him. He wasn't really in his best state to answer..."

There was a brief pause.

"Is he in the hospital?"

"Yeah..."

"The psychiatry session?"

He knew?

"Just let him rest. It's always like that when I accompany him. But just sometimes he's quite... Harsh on himself..."

Albeit Sunoo didn't see Heeseung, Sunoo just inclined his head. It's like Heeseung was there with him.

Sunoo never knew Jake's therapy session can resemble something as dreadful as this. His figure fastened on the chair as he cried in agony.

"Also tell Jake that I called and we're going back from Paris today."

There again, Jake's frightful nightmare kept trailing behind him. Never leaving him ever again. As if he was one with that terrifying thing.