4. What an Unfortunate?

Days and nights had passed. Now, it's finally the moment for Jake to be not contained in that room again.

Morning came in a blink of an eye. The bustling urbanised city will more crowded in the broad daylight. Jake could hear the alarm clock beside his bed. But now, he's in see-saw of turning off the clock or shifting his figure to fall into deeper slumber. But somehow the temptation to sleep had lost to the noisy clock.

Why did I setup the alarm?

"Wake up sleepyhead! It's the day for you to check out! Did you forget?" Sunoo reminded him.

Jake eyes suddenly wide open. His body was fueled by excitement. He shone the brightest smile that day

Oh! That's why I setup my alarm.

In a swift moment, he sprinted toward the bathroom. Getting all the stuffs he needed quickly. Sunoo peered at the boy with amazement and shocked. He could made out some noise from the bathroom. Example like, Jake was currently brushing his teeth loudly. And quickly the shower was turned on.

"Jake! Slowly! No one is chasing you inside there!"

But even with that remark, the noise even crescendo seconds later. And after few minutes passed, Jake already came out from the bathroom with full outfit. Sunoo could saw the excitement inside his eyes. His grin was extremely wide. Sunoo just shook his head.

"You're like a flash."

"Sunoo! You don't understand! Getting out of here is like getting out of jail. No one's going to check on you every second you sat down or sleep. Neither me nor you liked that, so why are you even questioning?"

Sunoo let out a sigh. This boy really couldn't contains his own excitement. Packing up all of his stuffs, he went out of the room with Sunoo trailing behind him, trying his best to keep up his the boy's pace.

"Jake slow down."

But Jake didn't listen and quickly sprinted when the front desk of his ward was in sight.

"I'm a patient room V-311. I'm discharging today!"

"Well, let me check first," the nurse replied and sat down very quickly, looking at the bright computer screen.

"Mr. Shim, right?"

"Yes!"

"Yes, you can discharge today. But first, I need your paperwork, medication receipt and lastly, your parents or guardians to sign here."

"Oh here he is!" Jake quickly pulled Sunoo close to him.

"Okay Mr...?"

"Kim."

"Mr. Kim, do you have all the paperwork and receipt like I said before?"

"Oh, yes. Here they are."

The nurse read all the paperwork and receipt. Writing something onto the paper. And finally, she stood up.

"You may sign here and discharge."

Sunoo took the pen and quickly wrote down his signature. Smilling a bit before he returned the paper. As soon as Sunoo got the paper, both of them went out from the hospital. And when they got out, there was already a car waiting for both of them.

"Okay! Guess I'll go back home now."

"What do you mean, Sunoo? You're coming with me."

Jake pulled the younger inside the car and close the door tightly. Sunoo didn't even have a chance to utter any word when he already sat inside the car.

"Jake, may I ask you a question?" Jake nodded.

"What made you got sent to the hospital?" Sunoo queried.

Jake suddenly sat in silent. Spacing out for awhile as his mind played out the scene from that dreaded dream. But then suddenly his thoughts were interrupted when he felt a cold sensation on his neck.

"Sunoo! Where did you even get the ice cream from?"

"Bought it before you were awake. Do you want one?" Jake shook his head.

"It was Sunghoon..."

Sunoo suddenly chocked on his ice cream.

"What?!"

"Yeah. Sunghoon was chasing me inside my own dream. But it felt so real. And when he stabbed me directly at my heart, I could feel it like it was really stabbing me."

''Did Sunghoon know about your heart condition?"

"I don't know either. But none of our school mates knew about this except you and Jongseong. And maybe my classmates? But I'm not really sure."

Sunoo nodded slightly. He swallowed his own spit as if he was hesitant to ask about something. But after that, he let out his query.

"Did your parents knew about your crush on Sunghoon?"

"I don't know either... To be honest, I try my best to hide it but sometimes they maybe notice it," Jake answered in concern. His voice was trembling.

"Mr. Kim, we have reached your house," the driver suddenly informed.

And with that Sunoo left the car after bidding numerous good-byes at Jake. Now, he felt lonely once again.

Ring!

It was Mrs. Shim.

"Jake? If you already discharged, go to the playground. Heeseung called me just now asking about your condition. So, I told him you'll discharge today and he wants to meet you."

"Oh. Okay."

After taking a different route, they reached the playground. When Jake was there, Heeseung had been waiting for him. Heeseung let his eyes wandered around. Then, he saw a really familiar figure. Heeseung plastered a wide smile when the figure gradually getting bigger.

Heeseung had been calling Jake for past few days. But Jake didn't seem to answer any of it. It concerned him for a bit. So, he took decision to call his parents instead.

"Hello Jakey."

"Hi Heeseung."

"I heard that you fainted, so I tried my best to reach out to you but you didn't answer..."

"Oh yeah... I actually forgot to bring my phone to the hospital."

"For three days?" Heeseung asked.

"Yeah... I was spending my time with Sunoo." Heeseung nodded afterward.

It was silent for awhile. Jake somehow felt awkward after the query. It wasn't that significant but felt like he was lying to Heeseung.

"Why did you call me here?"

"I called you to help you ease you little mind...," Heeseung chuckled a bit whilst affectionately caressing Jake's hair.

"Who even tell you I have a small mind...?"

"Well then, big mind boy, I brought you here today to eat ice cream with me."

"Nah... I'll skip but surely next time. But no worries I'll accompany you while you eat ice cream."

Heeseung laughed at Jake's behaviour. Furthermore, he brought the younger toward the ice cream stall. Asking the younger few more times but still he refused. What an unfortunate?