Prologue

Narrator:

A friend... What is a friend?

They are not far from strangers when you first meet them, but with common preferences, the same dislikes, a word of encouragement, or simply spending time together once in which it gradually becomes a daily routine, they are now someone who has an impact in your life. What an amazing transformation, isn't it?

Then, what about a best friend? What is the difference between it and just a friend? They both spend time with you, share things with you, and can make you smile. In your opinion, what does a best friend possess where a friend can't earn the title? I await your answer. In the meantime, allow me to give you my own opinion.

There is something a best friend has whereas a friend doesn't at times - trust and acceptance.

During your darkest times, the one you consider your best friend will usually come into your mind. This happens since you know they will understand, you know they will stay no matter what you're going through, you know they will keep a secret, and you can depend on them for comfort. You trust them enough to confide all your troubles and grant them access to see you vulnerable.

As for acceptance, we all can agree to say no one is perfect. There will be instances that your personalities, beliefs, and actions will clash with one another. This will be your bane, a risk of a broken bond. If you cannot accept your individualities, then there's a chance of a falling out.

If you possess these qualities, then it's possible that you're the best friend. As much as I'd love to hear an example of you being so, I'm afraid it shall be a story for next time because the story for today is about the paragon of two best friends. We'll be learning about their hardships, differences, commonalities, and how they stayed as such despite the obstacles life laid before them. Will they arrive to the end still bearing the honor, or will an outside force tear them apart? I, too, am curious.

Let the story begin...