Chapter 10 - Lily

Christina's POV

My eyes fluttered open, squinting at the light of day. I groaned in pain, my body was sore all over and my head felt like it was being split open.

I attempted to sit up. When my eyes adjusted to my surroundings, I found myself in an unfamiliar place. Instantly, I panicked at this.

Where am I?! What is this place? Where is-

I whipped my head when I heard someone shuffling at the bed next to mine. I saw Rosalynn was starting to wake up, stirring as she did so. I was relieved she was okay, but at the same time, I worry for her.

"Ugh... Huh?" Rosalynn spoke. She used her elbows to sit up. Then, she hissed. "Ow... What?"

She turned to me and the tiredness in her face seemed to vanish. "Christina! You're... You're okay!"

"Yes." I gave her a small smile. "And you look fine as well."

"I'm glad." She said. "After last night with what that bandit did to you, I thought..." She trailed off. Shaking her head, she dismissed the rest of her sentence.

"Anyway, at least you're alive and... What is this place?"

The two of us looked around. Instead of seeing walls and floors made of wood, we saw that it was marbled instead. The room was spacious with a big window beside my bed and a closet was near the door. The ambiance radiated wealthiness.

"Woah. Why... Are we here?" Rosalynn gasped. "Did those bandits manage to sell us when we were asleep? We have to"

"I think we're forgetting something." I cut her off before she started jumping to conclusions. "Those men... Didn't they lose to someone?"

Rosalynn's head tilted to the side. After a few moments, she made a face to show she remembered. "That's right! It was someone... A woman!"

As if she heard us, the door burst open. Rosalynn and I tensed up. My friend, though in pain, stood up from her bed and sat in between the person and me.

Her black hair swayed as she entered. She was tall, inches taller than us. She wore a cotton robe over a silk nightgown. What caught our attention first was her purple eyes that dominated her features.

This was... Our savior!

Finally knowing this, Rosalynn's shoulders relaxed. If she rescued us twice already, that just meant she wasn't a threat.

Recognizing Rosalynn's actions, she huffed. A smile formed on her face as she spoke with the same tone of voice from the night before, "I could see the similarities already."

"Pardon?" My eyebrows furrowed. 

The lady cleared her throat. "My apologies. I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Lily. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Something inside me felt giddy when I heard her name like I had known her before. Rosalynn made a face that was probably the same as mine - a mixture of shock, gratitude, admiration, and nostalgia. It was bizarre that we somehow knew this stranger as if she was an acquaintance from long ago.

"I assume that must've rung a bell?" Lily said, sounding hopeful.

"I... I'm sorry. Do we know you?" Rosalynn bowed her head. "You... Feel familiar though."

"So, I wasn't hallucinating." Lily nodded as she looked certain about something. "They have finally chosen."

The expression on her face suddenly fell. "Why only now? Hundreds of  Thousands of years passed and... They've only just chosen."

"What do you mean? Who are 'they'?" I asked, requesting an explanation of who she was talking about.

Lily bit her lip, looking like she made a mistake. She waved her hand. "Please, ignore that. I tend to talk to myself sometimes. Come. Are you two hungry? Breakfast is downstairs."