💮 006

Episode Six: “A little kindness, a little trust.”

💮💮💮

💮💮💮

Days had passed and Vicky and Rachel were getting used to their new life, granted they didn’t talk to each other much but at least Vicky wasn’t talking rudely to her anymore. He was still refusing to eat anything she cooked though.

“How many times do I have to tell this woman? She is quiet but so stubborn” Vicky griped in the office as he stared at the lunch box in front of him delivered by Patrick.

“Can’t you just eat the food? You ate it once at the dinner” Patrick pointed out but looked away when Vicky glared at him.

“Oh well, since you can’t stomach it like all the other days, I will help.” Patrick said like he was doing Vicky a favor. He quickly grabbed the food and dug in.

“Wow, she is an excellent cook” Patrick said pleased, ignoring Vicky’s scornful side eye looks. He continued, “I thought Rachel would be a bit spoilt and rude but she isn’t. I wonder why everyone we asked said she was that.”

“Yeah, I thought the same. Do you think she is pretending?” Vicky asked.

“It’s plausible, but there is only so long someone can pretend” Patrick said and continued stuffing his face. Vicky continued his scornful eyeing of Patrick.

At the house, Rachel sat in the living room thinking about her brother and how the school semester was going to begin soon.

The door opened and Rachel turned around to see Vicky and Patrick. “Welcome” she greeted. Vicky grumpily answered her and Patrick went to the kitchen.

Patrick was surprised to see that there was nothing much left in the fridge. “The fridge looks really empty, are you planning to join the takeout food wagon?” He asked, looking a bit horrified.

“No, all the foodstuff I bought are finished and I can’t really buy more right now” Rachel said a bit upset by that.

Vicky rolled back just to give her a look of disbelief. “What do you mean you can’t buy more?” he asked. “What about the credit card I gave you?”

“I just can’t bear to use it” Rachel admitted cutely. “I feel that if I use a smidge, the money will finish quickly. It was even a hard choice to buy that dress back then.”

Patrick and Vicky stared at Rachel speechlessly and exchanged an incredulous look. “You…” Vicky said but he didn’t know what to say. “Are you a scrooge? How can a daughter of a senator say she was scared to use money?”

Rachel belatedly realized what she said and looked away a bit worried and sheepish. “Patrick, make some time out of my schedule tomorrow. I think I have some things to put in other” Vicky said, staring at Rachel wordlessly and rolled away.