💮 018

Episode Eighteen: “Reach for my heart.”

💮💮💮

💮💮💮

A year later.

At a beautiful garden, there were chairs arranged in rows and flowers beautifully decorating the tables and poles holding up different things.

Juliana was talking on the phone to the caterers they hired for the event taking place. Prieye was there and dressed in a lovely dull yellow ankle length gown. She was helping Angela and Testimony arrange the chairs.

Prieye stumbled while arranging it and Austin, who came out of nowhere, steadied her. She scowled at him, “what are you doing here? Why don’t you go help your new girlfriend?”

“She is not my girlfriend, Prieye listen” Austin whined childishly but Prieye had walked away. He followed her.

“Where are you? I want you here before the guests arrive” Juliana said annoyed. She hung up and complained, “what sort of catering service is this?”

“They are like that sometimes” Angela consoled, “the little groom and little bride are ready. The guests will soon arrive.”

“Okay, we are ready. Everything looks beautiful” Juliana said pleased.

“Yes, I’m impressed with how well you had it arranged” Angela complimented and Juliana nodded pleased. “I better check on the bride.”

Angela walked away just as Patrick ran in huffing and puffing. “What is it? Why did you run in like that?” Juliana asked alarmed.

“Sorry ma” Patrick huffed, “I just, I have the wedding rings with me. I was sent to get them fixed.”

“Let me see” Juliana said and took the ring box from Patrick. She looked at it and nodded pleased. “Give it to the ring bearer, look, all the guests are arriving.” She said and gave him back the box.

Juliana left and an American girl with blonde hair came rushing over to Patrick’s side. She was wearing a similar gown to Prieye’s own; the same colour but different style.

“Oh, baby, are you alright?” She asked concerned, “you look stressed, sit down.”

“I’m fine Suzy, I just have to give the rings to the ring bearer.” Patrick said panting.

“Let me do it, you can’t do it in your condition” Suzy said, taking the ring boxes. Patrick stared at her gratefully and She left.

Minutes later, guests had arrived and the wedding was about to begin. In the house, Prieye, Angela and Testimony looked at Rachel who was dressed in a beautiful white mermaid gown with lacy long sleeve and white beads on the lace.

The lace veil on her head covered her face while it had another at the back that flowed behind her like a cape. She had light make up on and she smiled.

“You look beautiful” Prieye said, looking like she could shed tears.

“Really?” Rachel asked happily.

“Yes, my daughter looks so beautiful. Like an Angel” Angela said, smiling tearfully.

“You look stunning sis.” Testimony grinned, giving a thumbs up and Rachel giggled pleased. They were interrupted by Austin barging in.

“The wedding is beginning, let’s go” Austin said smiling. “you don’t want to miss your own wedding, do you?”

“Let’s go” Angela said and helped Rachel out. Prieye and Testimony followed behind.

At the garden which was the wedding venue, Testimony and Angela got seated while Rachel walked down the aisle with the little bride and little groom and her flower girls whom Suzy and Prieye were a part of.

Rachel looked up at her groom and smiled to see Vicky standing there staring at her, dressed in a black fitting suit. He looked stunned at her beauty. She finally reached him and he held her close.

“You look beautiful.” Vicky said, a soft smile on his lips.

“You look very handsome too” Rachel said smiling.

The wedding ceremony began and their family watched them happily. Vicky and Austin giving each other a silent nod, Juliana and Manuel smiling at each other, Prieye and Austin arguing then hugging, Patrick and his girlfriend, Suzy watching happily, Angela and Testimony watching pleased.

“Anytime I look back to that day I once considered the worst in my life, I smile because it was the day it all changed for me. If I had a choice, I would do it all over again. I wouldn’t change time. I had found where I belonged, I had found love.”

“…I am glad I met you Vicky. I am glad I accepted to marry you that time, I would have missed such a wonderful future” Rachel said smiling, after her vow.

“She came into my life like a ray of sunshine and her sincere words reached my heart. I know it wouldn’t be anyone but her, she is the one. I am grateful for that one deceit that gave me a hope like her. I don’t regret that day, not anymore.”

“I am glad you came too. I am glad that you never gave up and you reached for my heart” Vicky said smiling, “you turned my life around. Thank you for giving me strength, Thank you for reaching for me.”

“Thank you for standing by me,” Rachel said, “I love you.”

“I love you too” Vicky said and leaned closer. He kissed and everyone applauded them.

THE END.

=====

Short chapter right? This was just to wrap up the end of the story. What did you think about Rachel’s and Vicky’s wedding?

A wedding felt right to me considering how their first wedding was one of force. How did you like each characters end? Even Patrick got a girl.

This story was written to show that you shouldn’t treat people badly just because they look differently or have a different background, they didn’t choose where to be born, what matters is a person’s heart so everyone, have a nice heart.

Be kind, thoughtful and honest. Do not deceive people, it’s wrong. I hope you learned something.

Please, drop your thoughts on the story and Vote, it wouldn’t take much time.

Have a happy 2022 ❤