💮 017

Episode Seventeen: "Happy Endings."

💮💮💮

💮💮💮

The next day, Manuel sat down in his office deep in thought. He remembered how he forced Vicky to marry so he could further his business plans with Senator Uche’s help.

He called his secretary. “Teni, call Vicky to my office” Manuel said.

“Yes sir” Teni said and left. In a short while, Vicky came in. He stared at his father lazily.

“Vicky, I called you here to apologize” Manuel said and got up, “I was being selfish. Sacrificing my son just so I could further my business, I shouldn’t have blackmailed you into marrying Senator Uche’s daughter.” Vicky stared at his father surprised.

“I just realized that I did exactly what Senator Uche did to Rachel and it looked terrible” Manuel continued, sounding truly sorry for his actions. “I shouldn’t have used Austin to blackmail you either.”

Vicky looked relieved to hear his father’s apology. “I am glad you realized your mistake, and thank you for apologizing father” Vicky said touched, “it means a lot.”

Manuel nodded, feeling a burden lifted from his chest and Vicky left feeling better.

At night, Vicky arrived home. He saw Rachel doing some cleaning in the kitchen and called her. “Rachel, can I talk to you?” Vicky asked, “in my room?”

“Y-your room? Sure” Rachel nervously agreed.

Vicky left to his room and Rachel followed. She had barely ever been to his room so she was worried and nervous at the same time. She knocked on the door.

“Come in” Vicky said and Rachel walked in. She looked around and was amazed with the dark interior decoration. She saw her lunch notes stuck on the wardrobe and her heart fluttered.

“Why did you call me?” Rachel asked.

“I wanted to talk to you? Can you help me lose this?” Vicky said, pointing to his suit and neck tie.

Rachel nodded stiffly, “sure.” She crouched in front of Vicky and helped him, while avoiding eye contact. Vicky stared at her intrigued.

“I wanted to say, you were forced to marry me, we were forced to marry each other and such a thing is not ideal” Vicky said, “you should have been given a choice.”

“I am far from a man anyone would pick to marry so I think we should get a divorce.” Vicky said, getting to the point and Rachel paused as she kept his suit.