💮 013

Episode Thirteen: “She is still a mystery to me.”

💮💮💮

💮💮💮

Vicky walked into the room and Rachel and Manuel turned to see him. Rachel got up but Vicky ignored her. “Vicky, what are you doing back here?” Manuel asked.

“Nothing, since Rachel is here why don’t we have lunch together?” Vicky said stoically and Manuel was surprised.

Soon, Vicky and Rachel sat in the dining table with Manuel, Juliana and Austin. They talked a bit but Vicky didn’t contribute.

After the dinner, Patrick drove Rachel and Vicky home. In the car, Rachel asked scared, “are you angry with me? Do you know why your father called me?”

“Whatever your reason was, it’s none of my concern” Vicky said and coldly and Rachel looked sad.

They arrived at home and Vicky didn’t join Testimony and Rachel for dinner. Rachel looked upset but Testimony quietly put a hand on hers. Rachel smiled.

“Rachel, when are we going to see mom?” Testimony asked.

“Soon, maybe on Saturday. Then we can spend the whole day with mom” Rachel said, “I’ve talked to the doctor, they said mom will be ready for surgery soon.”

“Good, then we can be together and happy again.” Testimony said and Rachel smiled. Rachel looked at her phone that was ringing, it was her dad.

Later, Rachel went outside to answer the call and her father’s hostile voice greeted her. “Why did you not answer my call?! I’ve been calling you since” Uche said irritated.

Rachel pursed her lips upset. “What were you thinking? Taking Testimony to Vicky’s house?!” Uche yelled furiously, “do you know how suspicious he will be?!”

“Dad…”

“Don’t dad me, bring Testimony to the house on Saturday. He can’t stay with you, we can’t risk anyone finding out” Uche said impatiently.

“Is that all you care about? Only about your wife and Bethany?” Rachel said tearfully, “you don’t even care about what son has been going through or how he is eating?”

“I know you never loved us but can’t you pretend to care? You sold me out for Bethany like I wasn’t your daughter” Rachel cried, “is it fair?!”

“Rachel, I don’t have time for your drama. Bring Testimony to me” Uche said in a warning tone.

“No! I won’t let you maltreat Testimony just like you did me. Testimony is fine here” Rachel said defiantly. “I will take care of him just fine.”