💮 016

Episode Sixteen: "Falling Into Place."

💮💮💮

💮💮💮

"I will take care of you and your family now Rachel" Vicky said, "I don't want you to have anything to do with Senator Uche. From now on, that man is not a part of your lives."

Rachel looked relieved to hear that. The next day, Things were visibly better between Rachel and Vicky. Vicky left the house and was on his way to work when his dad called.

"Vicky, what is going on?" Manuel asked, sounding livid. "I just heard from senator Uche that Rachel is his illegitimate daughter and she blackmailed him to marry you. I want to speak to her now."

"That is not going to happen dad, and that is not true" Vicky said, barely holding onto his anger. "in fact, it's the other way around. I'm coming."

Vicky hung up and let out an angry grunt. "What happened?" Patrick asked.

"That Senator is a devious man but he won't win, I will surely destroy him and make him pay" Vicky said determined.

At The Aiyedehin mansion, Vicky was seated with Manuel, Juliana and Austin who were in shock of what they heard. "This is unbelievable." Austin said shocked.

"Senator Uche is a shameless man dad. He was the one who blackmailed Rachel instead and I'm sure of it" Vicky said, "I investigated him well and I know Rachel enough to decided for myself that she isn't that cunning."

"So they fooled us with a false bride?! How dare they?!" Manuel yelled angrily, "they humiliated me and my son and still reaped profit. They even dared to lie."

"I want to destroy them father" Vicky said coldly, "they have no sympathy for human life. Threatening the life of a sick woman just to get their bidding done...they are evil."

"I am still angry at being deceived by Rachel but..." Austin said, "she is better than Bethany now that I realize the truth. Now I understand all Rachel said back then."

"That still doesn't change the truth that she deceived us" Juliana said strictly.

"That will be my problem to deal with" Vicky told her rudely and Juliana narrowed her eyes at him annoyed.

"You want to destroy the Odili's son? You have my full support" Manuel said furious, "I will not take this insult lying down." Vicky smiled coldly in anticipation.

At the university, Rachel was reading in a open area in a better mood. She looked up and sighed. "I feel so much better now" she said, placing a hand on her chest. "I feel so light, the truth really does make you free."