Chapter 7

(What Alice will look like when she is a teenager)

Kirito's Pov
We were waiting at the airport for the twins, Renly was holding Alice's hand, Eugeo was pacing back and forth, he's been worried out of his mind, I was trying my best to calm him down "Eugeo they're fine, the teacher said she was sending both of them home" I reassured, Eugeo kept pacing "but what if something happens on the plane? it's obvious that somebody is trying to kill our kids, we can't lose another kid-" he stopped talking, I looked down, Eugeo sat down on a chair resting his head I'm his hand "sorry...." he mumbled, I shook my head "that hurt you more than it hurt me" I crouched down in front of him and took his hand in mine, I rubbed his hand reassuringly "when did you lose another kid?" Alice asked, I froze for a moment, I looked over at Alice who looked confused "u-uh, nevermind Alice, just pretend we didn't say anything ok?" I answered, she shrugged and turned away. Eugeo suddenly stood up, I stood up with him and turned to see the teacher walking over to us with Tsuki and Haru, Eugeo sighed in relief, he ran over to the twins and pulled them both into a hug, Renly and I followed him "I was so worried...." Eugeo mumbled, Haru looked away and pat Eugeo's back, Tsuki smiled and hugged him back, Eugeo let them go "we'll go home and you can explain everything ok?" I asked, Haru looked at me, he looked between Eugeo, Renly and I for a bit, I noticed he had a small glare "fine" he walked away with his suitcase, what was that about? I'll ask later.

Time Skip
Haru's Pov
I was unpacking things in my room, now that I know Dad, Papa and Pa are hiding things from us I'm not sure I trust that I can tell them about Guardian Angel, I finished unpacking and Pa walked in "hey Haru" he greeted me, I looked at him for a moment then looked away I sat down on my bed "hey Pa...." I mumbled, he sat down next to me "are you alright? I imagine you'd still be pretty scared considering...." he stopped talking, I looked at him again "I'm fine, just really tired" I answered, he smiled "ok, go to sleep, if you need anything just come talk to us ok?" He asked, I nodded "thanks Pa" he stood up and walked to the door "Pa?" I asked, he turned around "yes Haru?" He asked, I thought for a moment "actually.... nevermind, it wasn't important" I smiled, Pa didn't seem convinced "are you sure Haru?" He asked, I nodded "yeah, I'll go to sleep now" I answered. Pa hesitantly closed the door, I layed down on the bed and stared at the roof for a moment, what if I never see Guardian Angel again? Since I've seen his face, well part of it anyway, I turned onto my side and closed my eyes "I'll think about it tomorrow" I mumbled as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Back at the Eiffel Tower, where the teacher had left me alone, I walked towards the edge and looked down, instead of seeing all the people, I saw a void of darkness, I turned around and somebody pushed me over, this time, I couldn't grab the railing because it disappeared, I kept falling, nobody grabbed my hand, nobody was there to save me. I closed my eyes tightly, tears flying from my eyes and into the air, I reached my hand out hoping somebody, anybody would come save me from the endless fall.

"Haru"

I jolted up and looked around the room, tears falling down my face, nobody was there, I sighed in relief realising it was just a dream, who's voice was that? I didn't recognise it. I felt like something was in my hand so I looked at it, a note, I quickly opened the note.

Meet me outside your window

Guardian Angel

I smiled and got out of bed, completely forgetting about the nightmare, I opened my window and climbed out, I walked forward a but and looked around "hello?" I asked quietly, a hand was placed on my shoulder "hello Haru" I could tell by the voice it was him, I smiled "can I turn around? I've already seen your face with a mask on" I asked, there was a short silence and then a sigh "alright, you may turn around" he removed his hand from my shoulder and I turned around, I was greeted by his bright green eyes that almost glowed I'm the dark, his light purple hair was hanging out slugtjyl from his hoodie "I wanted to reassure you that even though we are not in Paris anymore, I am still protecting you" he reassured, I nodded "I- I wanted to thank you again for saving me" I bowed slightly, he looked away "it's no problem, I did promise" he replied, I nodded.