Chapter 28

Louis' POV

I sighed as I turned away from the brick house. Harry's house. I shook my head as I drove down the road. I got more and more concerned as I got farther away from him. I couldn't believe he somehow convinced me that he would be fine with Liam. What if something happened? What happened if Steve came and Liam wasn't able to protect Harry? I would never be able to forgive myself if that happened to My Harry. I pulled up to my house and parked the car. I chewed on my lip. I reached up to put the car back into drive. Maybe I should go back to Harry just to make sure everything was OK. You never know what could happen. 

"No! Louis, stop it! Harry will be fine! You're just freaking yourself out!" I scolded myself before letting my head bang down on the steering wheel. I jerked back up when the car horn blared. 

"Louis! What are you doing out there?" I looked up to see my mum standing at the door with a confused look on her face. I sighed and unbuckled my seatbelt. So much for going back to Harry. I climbed out of my car and walked up the little brick pathway to where my mother was standing. I allowed a smile to grace my face when she wrapped her arms around me for a hug. "Oh my goodness! It's like I haven't seen my Boobear in AGES!' Mum exclaimed. I smiled back at her.

"It's only been a couple of days, mum," I said with a shrug of my shoulders. She rolled her eyes as she gently pulled me into the house.

"A couple of days too long!" Mum replied with a pout before breaking out into a laugh. "Now come on! I know you can't want to get back to your boyfriend so I'm going to make this quick!" I blushed a bright red.

"Mum!" I whined. Mum raised an eyebrow to show me that she heard but otherwise ignored me as we both sat down on the couch. "Fine, what did you want to talk about?" I asked her nervously. Why did I feel like I was in trouble. This feeling only grew stronger when my mother's smiled disappeared and instead grew very serious. 

"Now, I am very happy that you and Harry are finally together, you know that, but I'm worried about someone getting hurt." She said as she wringed out her hands nervously. I rolled my eyes.

"Mum, don't be rediculous! Harry would never hurt me!" I told her with complete confidence. 

"No, that's not what I mean, Lou." Mum refused to meet my eyes and instead opted to look at the ground. "I'm worried that you're going to hurt Harry." 

The coffee table screeched as it got knocked back a couple inches. I ignored the painful stinging from my shins as I looked down at my mum in anger. "What do you mean by that!? I wouldn't do anything to hurt Harry either! Why the hell do you think I would do that to him!? I love Harry!" I yelled at her. Mum's eyebrows furrowed together in anger. 

"Louis, sit down!" She snapped at me. Her face softened when I did as told. "I know that you wouldn't do anything to hurt Harry on purpose, but..."

"But what?" I whispered as a feeling of dread built up in me. She took a deep breath before continuing.

"How you even told Harry about Steve? Have you explained to him everything? Or even anything? Have you even talked about Steve? Because I know he know's Steve is your father, but I don't know if you guys have actually talked about it." Mum reached over and gently took my hand in hers. "I want you two to talk about this before it's too late. I don't want you guys to bury both your pasts just because you don't want to talk to Harry about it. You can't leave a wound like this one to heal itself, Lou. Nothing is ever going to get better unless you work together." I bit my lip and looked at the ground.

"B-but mum, what if he hates me?" I whispered. "What if he realizes that he was wrong for actually letting me in this time? What if he decides that I actually am like Steve? What if he thinks it's all my fault, because it is! It is all my fault! If I hadn't given you those divorce papers as a little kid, you and dad would have been together for longer and then Harry wouldn't had even been in that mess! What if he realizes that I don't deserve him!? I know that I don't, but I can't let him go! I'm too selfish to let him go, mum, I can't let him go." My breathing started to deepen as I imagined all the horrible things that could go wrong. I didn't realize how afraid I was until now. I never realized how terrified I was that Harry was going to found out everything and decide that it wasn't worth. That wasn't worth it. By now I was hyperventilating and my arms started to lock up. 

"Louis! Louis calm down!" My mum's shrill voice echoed through my mind as she grabbed onto the sides of my face. "Everything will be fine! Harry would never leave you! He depends on you as much as you depend on him! Besides, it wasn't your fault that your father and I got a divorce! We were getting one before you even brought that papers to me! It wasn't you! It didn't have anything to do with you, love! We just fell out of love, that's all!" As mum talked she pulled me into a hug and draw comforting circles onto my back. My breathing slowly went back to normal as my arms started to unlock. I calmed down completely as I let the feel and comforting smell of my mum wash over me. After a bit I pulled away and nodded at her.

"OK, you're right. I need to talk to Harry." I bit my lip nervously then taking a deep breath, I stood up. After saying our goodbyes I made my way to my car. I put the car in drive and pulled away from my house and back to Harry's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you go, my homies! Haha, I hope you guys liked it! Geez, I really need to make a time for when I'm going to update! However, not anytime soon because as some of you know I am in a musical so I'm going to be busy with that! It ends on like the 18th or something of next month so you don't have to wait all that long! Haha, but yeah, I hope you guys like it! So the question: So as you guys know, I am nearing the end of this story so I wanted to do something for you of you wonderful people! If there anything you guys want me to do when it's over? Like I dunno! Some people put their books on websites so people can have an actually copy and stuff, so like if you wanted that then just comment below! But it most certainly doesn't have to be that! I mean, why would you want to buy an actual copy?! It's not really worth money! Haha, but if you had something like that or anything then just tell me and the one with the most comments will get done! Sounds like a plan? Good! Haha, Have a great day and I love you all!

~Abby <3