Chapter 24

Louis' POV

After an agonizingly slow 30 minutes, everyone was at the start of the woods. Everyone being Zayn, Liam, Niall, Anne, and my mum. We had gathered everything that we needed and now we were finally ready to start looking. Liam decided that it would be best if everyone went in groups, so Liam and Niall were paired up together, while I was paired up with Zayn. The mums were going together too. 

"OK guys. Is everyone ready?" Liam asked looking around at us. I nodded quickly. "Good. If anyone finds Harry then call the others, and we'll meet up here, ok? Oh, and don't get lost." With that everyone started making their way into the woods; their flashlights lighting the way. 

"Oi! Mate, slow down!" Zayn complained from behind me. I turned around to see him jogging to catch up.

"C'mon Zayn! Stop being so slow! We need to find Harry before it's too...." I trailed off unable to finish the rest of the sentence. Instead I just turned back around and continued with my rushed pace. Zayn grabbed onto my shoulder, forcing me to slow my walk.

"Calm down, Lou. Harry will be fine." Zayn tried to soothe me. I shook my head and opened my mouth to speak but Zayn cut in. "We're not running around the forest at night trying to find Harry. We'll get too tired before we get anywhere, and if we do find him, then we won't be able to bring him anywhere if we're about to die of exhaustion." 

I huffed out a sigh of annoyance but nodded anyways. "Fine, b-but promise me something?" I asked meekly, and looked down at how my feet moved one after the other. I waited until Zayn asked me what it was before continuing on. "Promise me that we'll find Harry." Zayn squeezed my shoulder with the hand that he still had on it.

"Yeah, mate. I promise that we'll find Harry." I looked up to see Zayn smiling down at me, "And he'll be better then ever." 

I looked down at my wristwatch. We had been walking for nearly 2 hours now, and there was no sign of Harry. It had gotten much colder, and the snow was falling even thicker now. If we didn't get to Harry soon, he'd surely freeze to death if he hadn't already. I didn't know what I would do if Harry died. I've said once before that a part of me would die if he did, and now, even more then ever, I knew I would. Harry was my happiness. He was my light; my sun. Harry could always brighten up my day just by walking through the door. He never had to talk to me, or smile, or even acknowledged my existence. All he had to do was be there. I didn't know what I would do without my sun. But surely, just like the earth would, my existence would lack to exist shortly after too. 

"Louis, maybe it's time for us to start heading back." Zayn said softly, mournfully. I stopped walking. Snapping my head over at him and stared at him with big eyes.

"What?" I blurted out. Panic started to fill Zayn's eyes when he realized that I would fight a lot worse then he had anticipated. "We can't just leave Harry here to die! If we can't find him no one will! Harry will freeze to death out here for sure! There is no way he could have gotten to the next town and you know it!"

"Louis," Zayn started to say but I couldn't let him.

"No! I don't want to hear it! I'm not leaving Harry! I'm not going to let him die so easily!" I started shouting.

"Louis-"

"I love him Zayn! I really do! I love Harry Styles so fucking much that I might as well if he does!"

"Louis! Will you just shut up for a second, you bloody twat!" Zayn yelled at me. My eyes widened and I froze. Slowly, I nodded my head telling him that I would shut up. He let out a sigh of relieve. "Good god, Lou. If you would've shut up sooner, I would have been able to tell you that I think I might have found Harry." My ears pecked up at this and I looked around.