A Bear or Not A Bear

Asuna

"Thankee kindly, Kii-boy. I've been hungry."

"Your Hiding's as good as ever, but that's my dinner and no you can't have any!"

"Hmph. So you'll buy one for her, but not for me. I see how it is."

"Wha...? I...You heard what I said, that was thanks for her making me an item! It has nothing to do with showing favor on anyone!"

After reuniting with her companions, Asuna led the others around the square to the east, where three stands were selling food. One of them was selling a panini sandwich with grilled fish and herbs, which Asuna and Kirito chose as their dish of choice. Kirito went in line for the both of them, while Jaymes went to the stand that sold fried fish with cooked vegetables, leaving the girls together on a bench. Upon Kirito's return, Asuna tried paying him back, but because she was making him a swimsuit, he argued that he was in her debt.

And that's where they are now, Argo's form slides out of the darkness. She takes the spot on Asuna's right and drops her hood back a bit. "Evening, A-chan. Good work with the third-floor boss and the fourth-floor gate."

"G-good evening, Argo. Um...would you like some of this?".

Argo cackles and denies Asuna with the raise of her hand. "No, no, I appreciate the offer. Eat up."

"Uh, okay..."

Kirito sighs. "Don't worry about it, Asuna. Her Teasing skill is the best in Aincrad."

"She has some competition," Koharu absently says as she looks at the line her partner stands in, currently ordering their dinner. When she looks back at the three around her, her face reddens. "I-I don't mean anything by it."

Argo's smile becomes the brightest thing in the evening sky. "Is that so, Koharu? Sounds like there's some information to be bought."

"It's n-nothing."

Kirito clears his throat. "Anyway, the fact that you're here must mean you've got all the intel you needed."

"You bet. In fact, it took just three hours from your message to look up what you wanted, so I figured that might earn me a free meal in addition to my fee, but..."

"F-fine, fine. I'll ask Jaymes. What do you want?"

"Gosh, I could sure go for a nice cheesy pizza." Kirito crafts a message to Jaymes, whose body language reeks of annoyance as he heads to the third stand that sells a seafood pizza. He returns disgruntled, handing Argo her pizza and Koharu her meal set.

"Next time get your own, Rat."

Argo chuckles as she sniffs her pizza. "You know I'm grateful, sir."

"Then let's talk as we eat...Chow that down before it gets cold, Asuna." The group of five began to chow down on their meals. As they eat, Argo pulls out a parchment and holds it in Kirito's direction.

"Normally I'd charge you an extra fee for quick service...but I'll go with the normal rate this time as thanks for the pile o' cheese Jaymes bought me. That's five hundred col."

"You aren't paying me back," Jaymes growls as Kirito pays Argo for the parchment. Seeing the informant is ignoring him, he sighs and looks at Kirito. "Well, what did I get you a discounted price on?" Kirito shows the party: It's a map of Rovia, but more detailed than the standard maps that fill out during one's travel. Twenty or so exclamations marks are present on the map, which to the four dictate locations of quest NPCs.