two.

FALSE GOD | ii.
"YOU'RE A WITCH, DEVYN"
(' BELLA'S BIRTHDAY ')

IT WAS BELLA'S BIRTHDAY AND DEVYN really didn't want to go to her party

IT WAS BELLA'S BIRTHDAY AND DEVYN really didn't want to go to her party. But Bella had attended hers and Rosalie had asked her to accompany her, so it wasn't like Devyn had much of a choice. She sat in Rosalie's room, watching as her girlfriend got ready.

"We don't act alike, right? Me and Bella? We're both Virgos but I feel like I'm Virgo done right and she's Virgo done wrong."

Rosalie chuckles as she looks away from the mirror, "What does that even mean?"

"I'm not sure," Devyn answers, "Just tell me we don't act alike!"

"You don't," Rosalie tells her, "Does that make you happy?"

"It does," Devyn tells her, "Thank you very much."

Rosalie shakes her head as she tears her eyes away from Devyn and focuses on getting ready. Devyn looks around Rosalie's floor in search of their kitten but doesn't spot her. She looks at Ellie's carrier and still doesn't spot the kitten.

"Eleanor?" Devyn says softly, "Where are you, baby?"

"Don't tell me you've lost our child?" Rosalie asks as she steps away from the mirror and squats down to look under the bed. When she stands, in her hand is their black kitten and Devyn grins as she takes Ellie from her.

"How'd you get down there?" Devyn asks with a smile before kissing the kitten on the head.

"You would so lose our children in the grocery store," Rosalie states and Devyn lets out a gasp.

"I would not," she thinks about the one time that she left Madison at the mall when they'd first moved to Forks, "Okay maybe I would."

Rosalie chuckles, "Exactly."

"So what did you get Bella for her birthday?" Devyn asks as she sets Ellie down, letting her wander over to Rosalie.

"Alice got her a necklace."

Devyn snorts, "You couldn't even pick her out a gift?"

"I don't see you holding a wrapped present," Rosalie retorts.

"That's because my mother and I took Bella out for breakfast. It was great."

Rosalie's lips turn up in a smile, "And yet somehow I doubt that."

"Whatever," Devyn says.

Rosalie sighs and picks up Ellie, cradling the kitten in her arms, "Alice is about to barge in here."

The door swings open and Alice stands there dressed up and with a wide smile.

"You guys ready?" Alice asks, her eyes dancing between Rosalie and Devyn.