twelve.

FALSE GOD | xii.
"BELLA HAS A DIARY"
(' AN OLD FRIEND ')

DEVYN HELPS LEAH AS SHE CLEANS UP HER ROOM which was a mess, Madison's room was cleaner than Leah's room currently was

DEVYN HELPS LEAH AS SHE CLEANS UP HER ROOM which was a mess, Madison's room was cleaner than Leah's room currently was. She sorts through Leah's clothing, tossing them into her hamper while Leah changed the sheets on her bed. She looked over at Leah and wondered what she should bring up to Leah. School? Her sleepover with Madison and Bella? Or did Leah want to talk about herself?

"I have a secret," Leah says softly as she fixes the sheet onto her mattress.

"A secret?"

Leah nods her head, still not looking at Devyn.

"Is it a bad secret?" Devyn asks.

Leah takes a breath, "It depends on how you look at it."

"And are you looking at it as a bad or good secret?" Devyn wonders.

"I haven't decided yet," Leah says with a sigh as she looks over at Devyn.

Devyn looks at Leah coyly, wanting to pull a smile out of her, "Is it your new haircut?"

Leah's lips curve in a smile as she looks at Devyn, "No, it's not."

"Well, whatever it is you can tell me," Devyn says with a small smile, "I assure you that I will not share it with anyone and that it will not make me think of you any differently."

"The thing is – I can't tell you," Leah admits, "I want to, but I can't."

"Can I guess?" Devyn asks.

"You can but I doubt you'll figure it out," Leah tells her.

Devyn smirks, "You'd be surprised with what I can do."

Leah smiles and nods her head, "Okay. Give it a go."

"Okay," Devyn says as she sets Leah's shirt down and looks over her. She tilts her head as she looks over Leah. She'd cut her hair, she'd been – angrier, and there was the fact that she'd dented Harry's truck. Devyn's brows furrow as she looks at Leah, there was no way, and yet-

"Do you turn into a giant wolf?" Devyn asks and Leah's eyes grow wide.

"How the hell do you know that?"

Devyn stares at Leah shocked. Sam had told her that there'd never been a female shapeshifter and yet here she was looking at the first, "I thought women couldn't shapeshift?"

"Devyn, how the hell do you know this?" Leah asks her.

"Well," Devyn says with a small smile, "I'm kind of the reincarnation of an immortal witch who invented vampires and werewolves. It's really fun when you think about it."

"Catiline?" Leah asks, "Wait is that why you were asking me about it last year?"

"Yes," Devyn responds, "It's why I was in the hospital because my blood is centuries old, and I have magical abilities except I don't really know how to use them. But I know all the secrets about werewolves, vampires, hunters, and now shapeshifters."