four.

FALSE GOD | iv.
"I'M NOT TRYING TO KILL YOU"
(' BAD DECISIONS ')

"MY GRADES ARE AMAZING, WANT TO KNOW WHY?" Devyn asks as she hangs upside down from her bed

"MY GRADES ARE AMAZING, WANT TO KNOW WHY?" Devyn asks as she hangs upside down from her bed. Leah who had been sitting on the floor and taking notes looks over at Devyn with an amused smile on her lips.

"Why?" Leah asks.

"Because I am single," Devyn responds, "I have no distractions. I liked having distractions. Now I can think, and thinking is bad."

"What are you thinking about?" Leah asks.

"Why elephants can't jump, but that is beside the point. I need a distraction. I should like join a club or something. Make new friends maybe? Or join a biker gang or a sorority only am I a Delta kind of girl or a Delta kind of girl?"

Leah shakes her head, "I have no knowledge of sororities, so I have no idea why you asked if you're a Delta girl twice."

"There are two types of Deltas, one is like a cult and the other is sisterhood. I'll let you decipher which is which."

"How can I decipher when I have no idea what you're talking about," Leah responds.

"What if I started my own sorority," Devyn says, "Devyn Kappa Phi. Would you join?"

"No, I don't subscribe to the sorority lifestyle," Leah responds.

"Emma would. Oh my god, I should just join whatever clubs Emma's joining. It'll be like. A two-for-one sale except its one club and me and Emma!"

"Devyn, I love you, but you and Emma have different hobbies. Emma's bubbly, nice, personable. You're sarcastic, cold, and heartbroken."

"I am not!" Devyn exclaims.

"When we got lunch yesterday and there was a couple holding hands you told them that you hope they find out that they're secretly related."

"And I stand by that," Devyn responds as she rests her head on the bed, "Ugh was life this boring before I was in love?"

"Yes," Leah answers.

Devyn leans over the side of the bed and looks at her best friend, "Are you going to do any extracurriculars? Also, what the hell do you plan on studying?"

"You know most people are insufferable when they're in a relationship. Why are you insufferable single?"

"I don't know," Devyn responds, "Maybe I should have meaningless sex with a stranger."

"You can try," Leah says, "Doubt you could do it."

"I totally could," Devyn states, "You know what? You. Me. The entire third floor. Grimsley's bar. Tonight."

"The entire third floor? We've only met Anthony."

"You're right the entire floor might be a little ambitious. Let's go meet a few now!" Devyn exclaims as she jumps off of her bed. Leah looks at her with wide eyes, placing her notebook down as she rises to her feet.