three.

FALSE GOD | iii.
"YOU'RE PRICKLY"
(' THE REELING ')

"YOU'RE PRICKLY"(' THE REELING ')

"YOU HAVE REACHED DEVYN WILDE. IF I don't answer, I'm probably doing something wild! Actually, I'm probably in my room crying, so um leave a message after the beep and I'll call you back as soon as possible!"

"Devyn, it's your dad. Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm worried about you. Give me a call when you can, okay? I love you."

Devyn's finger hovered over the trash bin on the screen of her phone before she tapped it.

"Message erased."

"Dee, your mom says she's worried about you. What's going on?"

"Message erased."

"Devyn, it's Seth! Quick question, would it be okay if you drove me and my friends around in your car? It's just I told them that I knew someone with a really cool Mustang and now I kind of have to back it up. It's okay if you don't want to. We can just hang out or something! I miss you! When are you coming to visit?"

"Message saved."

"Hi Devyn, it's Madison. Mom says that you and Rosalie broke up so you're sad so it's okay that you didn't answer the phone. I want you to know that I love you lots and that it's all gonna be okay. Hugs heal broken hearts so make sure you hug Emma and Leah! Or you could come home. Mom and I would give you lots of hugs. Charlie too! Bella could also use one. Charlie says she's sad too."

"Message saved."

"It's your girl Tristan, Emma told me about what happened. I know what Rosalie is and I can kill her. Let me know when you want to run up on a bitch."

"Message saved."

Devyn sighed and tossed her phone on her bed as she lay on the floor staring up at her bedroom ceiling. The last month had been ignoring calls and sending them to voicemail only because she didn't want to explain to her friends and family what happened. It made her feel like she'd done something wrong like she failed.

Over the days she'd realized that the breakup wasn't her fault, nor was it Rosalie's. There were extenuating circumstances that neither of them could control and there were things that they were both unwilling to give up. They chose their families over each other and that was a decision that Devyn respected.

That was the worst part of the breakup. There wasn't anyone to be mad at because everyone chose what was best for them.

It also didn't help that Devyn had lost Ellie when she'd lost Rosalie. She missed her child.

There was a soft knock on the door of Devyn's room, "Hey Devyn, I ordered a pizza. Want some?"

"Yeah," Devyn answers as she sits up on the floor. She takes two deep breaths, one to calm her nerves and one for composure. She then stands and opens her bedroom door. She heads into the kitchen where Emma was opening two pizza boxes.