fifteen.

FALSE GOD | xv.
"DEVYN HAS A TYPE"
(' UNLIKELY ALLIES ')

"HOW DO THEY LOSE A CHILD! IT'S NOT LIKE Madison just ran away! She's a baby! She's just a baby!" Evelyn sobs into Charlie's chest

"HOW DO THEY LOSE A CHILD! IT'S NOT LIKE Madison just ran away! She's a baby! She's just a baby!" Evelyn sobs into Charlie's chest. The Chief of Police just held Evelyn as she vented and even Devyn could see that he was worried and extremely confused about the whole situation. Bella sat in the living room a look of concern on her face. Forks seemed to be having one tragedy after another.

Devyn's leg bounced up and down anxiously as she thought about her sister. She knew where Maddie was. She knew what she had to do to get her. But truthfully, she was scared. She didn't know what the Volturi were going to do once they got a hold of her and that terrified Devyn.

And what if she couldn't secure Maddie's safety? Her mother would lose two daughters and Devyn simply could not allow that.

Devyn stands abruptly and Charlie looks over at her, "Devyn?"

Evelyn lifts her face from Charlie's chest and Devyn holds up her phone, "I'm just going to make a few phone calls, that's all."

Charlie nods his head and Evelyn seems to gather herself as she steps away from Charlie.

"I want to sue the school. I want to sue the district! Hell, I'll even sue the state of Washington!" Devyn hears her mother yell as she heads outside on the front porch of her house. She looks at her phone screen and sighs, knowing better than to dial this number, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

The phone rings and after the third one, her father answers, "Devyn?"

"Hi dad," she says and there's a moment of silence she was sure it was a combination of her hesitance to include her father and her father's surprise at her calling.

"Devyn," her father speaks her name again, his tone is soft, almost fatherly, "Why are you calling? Is something wrong?"

Devyn tries to find the words and she searches for them, she almost breaks down again, "They have her dad."

"Who?" Harrison asks.

"Madison," Devyn says, "The Volturi, they took her, and I know they want me, and I know that I have to give them what they want to get her back, but dad I'm scared. What if they kill us both? I can't let that happen to mom. I won't."

"That's not going to happen," her father insists, "Where are you now?"

"Forks," Devyn tells him, "Charlie's been having the entire town look for her."

"Charlie?" her father asks.

"Um the Chief of Police," Devyn says before adding, "And mom's new boyfriend."

The line is silent, and Devyn knows her father is processing the news. She didn't have to tell her father that her mother was seeing Charlie, but Devyn wanted to rub it in that while she may need her father's help with supernatural problems, there was a new man in her life. A new father figure.