seventeen.

FALSE GOD | xxvii.
"ONE DIRECTION SAVED ME"
(' THE TRUTH ')

ROSALIE SAT ON THE BALCONY OF HER HOME WITH A GLASS OF WINE IN HAND AS SHE LOOKED AT THE ARRAY OF TREES before her

ROSALIE SAT ON THE BALCONY OF HER HOME WITH A GLASS OF WINE IN HAND AS SHE LOOKED AT THE ARRAY OF TREES before her. She took a sip of the wine, knowing that it wasn't going to offer her the escape she so desperately wanted.

She'd made a mistake when she left Forks. She'd made a mistake by leaving Devyn and now she was facing the consequences of those actions and she hated them.

Her phone buzzed in her lap, and she looked down at it to see Devyn's name lighting up the screen. It was devastating the many ways that Devyn could tell Rosalie she didn't love her. It was even more upsetting how no matter how many times she said it, Rosalie was at her every beck and call.

She grabbed the phone and answered, "Hello?"

"Hey," Devyn says, "You got a minute?"

"Unfortunately, it seems that I have eternity," Rosalie says as she looks at her wineglass.

"I forgot how funny you are," Devyn responds, and Rosalie knows that she shouldn't, but her lips curve into a small smile at the words.

"What did you need?" Rosalie asks.

"I wanted to apologize about Victoria. I didn't know that she was going to show up and she said some very out of pocket stuff so I'm sorry about that," Devyn says and Rosalie sighs at the apology because if Devyn wanted her to move on, this certainly wasn't the way to do it.

"It's fine," Rosalie says, "But you couldn't have hooked up with someone a little less annoying?"

Devyn laughs, "I did. Leah."

Rosalie sighs at the answer.

"I didn't want things to end up like this," Devyn responds, "When everything that happened between us – happened, I thought I'd found the one. And then you left and I was broken. Leah helped me piece everything back together."

"Which is why I can't hate her," Rosalie speaks into the phone softly, "No matter how much I want to."

"I need you to come with me to save my sister. Not for me but for Madison. If things go wrong I need you to make sure that my sister gets home to my mother. She can't lose her," Devyn says.

"You can't give yourself to the Volturi," Rosalie states.

"I'm hoping it won't come to that," Devyn responds, "But if it does. I need you to make sure that she's okay. That they're both okay. You owe me that."

"I do," Rosalie breathes, "I'll come with you."

"Thank you," Devyn says, "I'll send you the details."

"Devyn," Rosalie says softly, "You didn't mean it when you said I was nothing to you, did you?"

The line is silent, and Rosalie doesn't know if Devyn isn't answering because she didn't mean it or because she doesn't want to break Rosalie more than she already had.