CHAPTER 8

EVERYTHING ENDS just like your trip with Ran. You're back in Yokohama. You frowned when you felt Izana's gazes behind you. "What?"

"Did you have fun with Ran?" He asked.

"Kinda," you answered remembering how gentle Ran was back in the island, even in sex, he's not going hard on you, he even asked you in what way you wanted to be pleasure. Plus he did not flirt with other girls on the island, which he does in Yokohama. His attention is on you. Only you. It's so unlike him, to the point that you're thinking Ran was possessed by some ghost on the island. "But he's weird,"

"What weird?" He asked.

"Nothing, nevermind," you shook your head. He'll never understand it, you'll just waste energy explaining it to him. "I gotta go to work," he just hum as answer. What should you expect from him?

"WHERE HAVE you been these last two days?" There's a hint of annoyance in Mitsuya's voice.

"Didn't I told you that I'm going to leave for two days? And I left with my works done, your schedule are organized, everything," you said.

"That's not the issue, I was worried," he said. "You suddenly disappeared, I thought something happened to you, have you forgotten that you're Izana Kurokawa's sister?"

"I know that okay? But I'm safe, I was with Ran," you said. "Ran can be trusted, Mitsuya,"

"For you, but he's not for me, don't take my actions seriously, I'm just worried," he made it clear.

"You don't need to, boss," you smiled to assure him.

"We will attend a fashion launch," he get his coat. You frowned. "Didn't you know? You accepted a request to attend it,"

Your mouth slightly opened when you remembered the strange request you read last time. So this is what it's all about? "It's today?"

"Obviously," he rolled his eyes.

"Did I misread it?" You looked at your computer and checked it, it's really today. "I don't think we should go, I have a bad feeling about this,"

"But this is work?" He looked at you. "If you're not feeling well, you can go home,"

"No, I should go, this is work," you said, repeating his words. "Let's go,"

You ride Mitsuya---'s car. You are looking outside as he drives smoothly, with one hand. You suddenly remembers when Ran was driving like this, his other hand is on the wheel, while the other's on your legs.

"What is it?" Mitsuya asked because you're spacing out.

"Nothing," you said.

"Are you really okay? I can drive you home if you want to," he said, worrying.

"I'm really okay," you smiled. You put your focus back on the road, until the two of you reached the venue. Luckily, your dress is just appropriate enough for this launching. Mitsuya showed your passes and offers his arm, which you gladly accepted.

"Don't let go of my hand, you're stubborn, you might get lost," he chuckled.

"Whatever," you rolled your eyes. "What if I'm going on the restroom? Will you still come?"

"I think you forgot your common sense on the studio," he said, looking so done. "That's an exception of course,"

THE LAUNCHING went well, and since Mitsuya is one of the best known designers in Japan, he's getting a lot of attention and greetings. He greeted the other designers and model back without letting go of your hand.

"A launching party will be held, don't drink too much," he whispered.

"I don't drink," you said.

"Really?" He raised a brow. "Don't drink and don't go anywhere, understand?" The two of you stand beside a high table. He get the champagne brought by a waiter and give it to you. "Here you go, gorgeous,"

"Shut up," you rolled your eyes before drinking it. "Do they serve wine here?" You looked around and stopped when a familiar pair of eyes met yours. You bit your lip before looking down.

Ran Haitani is with two girls! Just by looking at their postures and appearances they are models. Your fist clenched as you remember how gentle Ran was back in the island. Like you're his queen, now that you're back in Yokohama, of course he'll come back in his old habits as well.

"Are you--"

"I need to go to the restroom," you did not let Mitsuya finish his question and run fast to the restroom. You can't stop your tears from falling. "I thought he changed," you said looking at yourself on the mirror. Luckily, there's no one in the restroom.

"How stupid of you to think that you can change or fix my brother,"

You looked at Rindou's reflection on the mirror. He's leaning on the door's frame.

"Why are you here?" You wipe your tears.

"I saw and followed you," he answered. "You thought my brother changed?" He laughed. "You're stupid,"

"Shut up," you rolled your eyes. "I'm going back," you was about to leave him when he held your arm to stop you.

"Fuck me," he said, making your jaw drop. "My brother's cheating on you, I'm willing to offer myself, use me, Y/N,"

"There's no way you'll betray your brother," you laugh, not believing his words.

"I will not betray him, I'll just teach him a lesson," he approached you and held your waist. "Wait for my call," he whispered, making your spine shivers, he gave you a call sign before leaving.

"Damn," you take a deep breath and calm yourself before stepping out of the restroom.

"What took you so long?" Mitsuya asked.

"I checked myself, duh," you rolled your eyes. "I want to came out beautiful okay?"

"You're already beautiful okay?" He kissed the tip of your hair. "Even if you came out without your make up you're still beautiful,"

"Stop it, bolero," you rolled your eyes.

"Bolero?" He asked, confused, he looked on his phone and searched it. "I'm not a playboy,"

"Yes you are," you said.

"I saw the Haitani brothers here--"

"Stop, I know where you're going," you said. "I'm fine, okay? You're worrying too much, I will think that you like me,"

"I do,"

"What?"

"Nevermind," he turned his back. What a weirdo.

--

:☽