Chapter 5: Only thing that's burning when the nights grow cold

"Tap out!" Natasha growled.

"No, I can get out!" Wanda shouted, gasping for air as her mentor's thighs tightened around her neck.

"Sure you can" Natasha squeezed a little harder and laughed as Wanda frantically slapped the mat signalling her surrender.

Natasha gracefully released Wanda and sprang to her feet, handing the brunette a bottle of water.

"Here"

"Thanks" Wanda frowned, rubbing her neck gently.

"Your thighs really are strong" Wanda observed, still lay on her back.

"So I've been told" Natasha said, giving a deep, throaty chuckle and sending Wanda a wink.

Over the past month, Natasha and Wanda had fallen into a comfortable kind of friendship. They both understood the unspoken rules; Natasha's "issues" were never to be brought up and if Wanda wanted to talk about her grief she would. Natasha had taken the Sokovian under her wing and found herself enjoying the younger woman's astute observations and fiery temper.

Wanda had excelled in her training. Her reading and writing levels were similar to those of anyone else her age (this was helped by the fact she was already fluent in English), Vision and Sam had guided her through flying seamlessly and she took to it like a natural, and her Sokovian drawl had all but disappeared thanks to her Russian mentor. She was still full of grief and pain, understandably, but she had put copious amounts of effort into meditating daily and learning to control her powers without emotion. Wanda had immersed herself into a daily exercise routine; running and training each day and being more conscious about her nutrition. Due to her determination and commitment, Natasha had agreed to recommence combat training with her and so far there had been no incidents with Wanda's magic, much to the Russian's relief. There was only one subject she couldn't quite seem to grasp; driving. Natasha had begun to take her out daily now to try and speed along the learning process to no avail.

"You're progressing well"

"Thank you" Wanda replied, looking shocked at being on the receiving end of the Spy's praise.

"Go shower and change, we're going out for lunch" Natasha instructed.

"We are?" The taller woman asked, confused.

"Yes, burgers" Natasha replied as if that explained all.

Wanda sighed but did as she was told regardless.

Natasha had taken to forcing Wanda to experience staple American foods; pizza, burgers, fried chicken, tacos, fries, candy. Any unhealthy food consumed in America, Natasha felt it was her duty to introduce Wanda to it. There was so much she hadn't tasted yet and Natasha enjoyed getting to indulge her own secret weakness for unhealthy food; all in the name of training of course.

-0-0-0-

Natasha was leaning against her sleek, black Corvette waiting for Wanda to arrive. She wore curve-hugging, high waisted jeans, black pointed boots and a leather jacket. Her nails were painted a deep red that complimented the fire of her hair and her sharp, green eyes.

"Come on Little Witch, I'm starving" She said as Wanda strolled to the car.

"Impatience does not look good on you Natasha" Wanda replied, shaking her head slightly and grinning.

Wanda's long dark hair shone in the sun; deep reds and lighter shades of brown could be seen when the light hit the strands just right. Natasha observed the tall, slim woman walking towards her. She was dressed more casually than Natasha; wearing dark blue jeans, a loose white blouse and white converse.